Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dove campaign

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    You're so young to have these skewed mental expectations of "woman", such a shame. I wonder what screwed with your head, media, parents, society as a whole?

Google.

"dove campaign fat"

Try it. I'm not sure but I think it's the first picture to pop up.

I wasn't lying Rach! I had the album :D

Near, those women really aren't fat. I think you need to adjust your perceptions a little.

My perception is fine where it is :thumb:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Near wrote: »
    You english people are very quick to judge, TWATS.

Coming from a Yank.

Pot. Kettle. Black?
    I'm being a twat by commenting on the appearance of a couple of unknown figures?

Please, don't fool yourself thinking I'm such a bad guy. You all have done this before.

And all in all, it is a product campaign, and apparently...you all fell for it.

sounds like you've been banned before....:chin:
    Google.

"dove campaign fat"

Just did.

Doesn't bring much up of interest - mainly just idiots with the same skewed opinions as you.
    Google.

"dove campaign fat"

Tell me why I should do this though, what is your point?
    I like the greenpeace response.
    I couldn't care less about the Dove advert campaign - the youtube video was thought provoking and I'm glad that SCC shared it because I hadn't thought about those issues in that way before. It doesn't make me any more or less likely to buy Dove products. What is concerning me is your comments, calling those women fat when they really, really, are not fat. They're not fat by any stretch of the imagination. They are normal women and they look happy and healthy.

Perhaps you parents should have spoken to you before the beauty industry did as it has clearly brainwashed you.
    Actually, the first link that comes up when you google that phrase brings up quotes such as:
    In what world are any of these women fat??? Or even heavy? They look healthy to me. Is the world so self-deluded as to think most women are anorexic looking? What is the message we are sending to the youngsters of this world that to even be acceptable you have to be boney? Unless I am mistaken, it looks as though these women still have flat stomaches, single-chins, and could easily wear a bikini. So what else do people want??? I praise Dove for what they are doing and, hey, maybe they will add some women with even more curves.
    I *love* these ads, and hope to see copycats from other companies. These women depict how a healthy weight really looks; hooray for Dove!
    JsT wrote: »
    Coming from a Yank.

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Oh now you've offended me, just because we live in the same country doesn't mean you can call him a yank also, when you call me that :( Only one can have that nickname!!
    Oh now you've offended me, just because we live in the same country doesn't mean you can call him a yank also, when you call me that :( Only one can have that nickname!!
    You are a nice Yank though :D
    The aspect ratio of your resolution must be very skewed.
    No, that isn't big.
    noog wrote: »

Nice song though. Name? :p

I think it's a sign of the times though that you can't do anything nice without people / organisations jumping down your throat. I see myself as a 'green' person and would vote green, but sooooooooo many (in fact, every single one in the world except me :p) environmentalists get so absorbed in rhetoric and hyperbole they lose touch of the real world and cutting down a tree really does mean the end of the world.

There's a balance to be had, we are vastly overusing the earth's resources, but who are you going to blame? The consumers, who buy the products? The retailer, who sells them? The manufacturer, who makes them? Or the supplier, who makes the raw materials and takes away the resources?

It's a long chain and they evolve FROM the consumer. If unilever stopped buying from these plantations prices would increase, and one of their competitors would absorb the demand for low price soaps etc. and nothing at all will happen. You either change things at the consumer side, or you put legislation in place at the supplier side. Or both. Changing the middlemans practices only means another middleman will pop up.
    i still thought it was worth posting, even if the company that made it isnt doing it for the right reasons. I dont buy their product anyway but it is still a subject worth thinking about
    it was worth posting, I feel bad about my figure mostly because of the advertisements with airbrushed lovelies looking better than anyone that actually had to work for a living and didnt spend hours taking care of themselves and its worth people understanding the impact that advertising has on young people.
    ShyBoy wrote: »

It's called "La Breeze", by Simian.

The thing about this kind of campaign is that even though they might not be doing it for the right reasons, the effect they have is waaaay more positive than most typical beauty industry campaigns. Bit like the body shop.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Skive wrote: »

I wanted to post that before :lol: but was afraid of the feminst fury assault :razz: good man!
    ShyBoy wrote: »

It's one made for the campaign obviously.
    I can I just say I love u all! Im doing a presentation on body image and the media on fri for uni and I aint wrote it yet and wanted some videos, these are just what I'm lookin 4, i didnt think of youtube!!
    Namaste wrote: »
    It's one made for the campaign obviously.
    It's called "La Breeze", by Simian.

:confused:
    It's definitely La Breeze... just type it into youtube, it will show up.