Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Asthma problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I've been having problems with my chest since last summer it has finally been diagnoised with asthma. I seem to get on ok for a few months then have a really bad time and end up on antibiotics and steriods as I am getting a chest infection. I do get really bad hayfever too so I'm thinking that is the problems just now but I'm not allowed to wear any perfume or use any aresols. Has anyone else had this problem?
And does anyone have any help with surviging steroids as I'm having to eat every few hours or I feel sick its not very nice and I feel its getting me down, I'm never gonna make my holiday or T in the Park :crying: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    What steriods are you on? (power/inhaler/tablets) the 3 I've been put on just ocassionally give me headaches. Tis really a case of trial and error with the nurse untill your ideal peakflow is reached, if you're still irregular or experiencing problems or deteriations I'd go back and explain it as it's more than likely possible to change you over. Erm if the hayfever's along with allergic reactions singulair might be of use (one of the tablets I'm on as that helps with both but is a very high dose so last resort)

Go back to the docs, keep monitoring symptoms, peakflows and use of ventolin and see what they can offer you in terms of improvement

Yhe I'm back at the asthma nurse on Tuesday, its the wee red tablets, give me really bad heads :(
    also started symbicort inhaler, is working so far I think just reacted with something - I could shoot myself!
  • Options
    aww hugs, I know just how you feel, mine has always been trial and error. At the moment *touch wood* mine is well controlled, as has been said keep a diary and keep going back to drs.
  • Options
    aww hugs, I know just how you feel, mine has always been trial and error. At the moment *touch wood* mine is well controlled, as has been said keep a diary and keep going back to drs.

Yeh I'm keeping a note of everything I just feel so poop 3rd time on steroids and antibioics in 2 months, I feel like a beach whale I honestly feel like cancelling my holiday I@ll be the biggest person there, totally loosing all self confidence too I could cry or shoot myself