Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Does he fancy me or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently joined a drama group 2wks ago and I really fancy one of the guys. After our first lesson, he bought me drink at a bar (all the thespians go to this particular bar) and we chatted for ages and it seemed like we got on. In the 2nd lesson we chatted and had a good time doing karakoe alongside the other thespians but he seemed a bit distant (and I noticed him talking to this particular girl and it looked like he fancied her), however he did give me the eye now and again. Ive been single for a few months and I'm quite calm but for some reason I have a major crush on this guy. Should I forget it or is there a way to get his attention (without being slutty). Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    without being slutty, how about talking to him? Asking him out? Sometimes we guys are insecure about those kind of things. Even if I have a great evening out with a gal (especially when drinking a bit), then there are new reservations and doubts on the next contact. "why doesn't she come over and say hello? Maybe she was just being nice and doesn't want anything more from me..."

Go for it, gal. Go up to him, ask him how his weekend was and if he fancies to take a drink (maybe have plans already, like a special bar or something. It's not so good asking someone out and having no clue what to do...) and stuff.

He may just be unsure. Bring the point across that you are interested in him as a person and that you like his company and you will soon enough see if he's up for it, or if he just sees you as a friend.
    ebele123 wrote: »
    without being slutty

??
    Am i slut when i tell a girl she has pretty eyes and ask her out?

I'm guessing you want to seduce him and have him ask you out?

Just be in his vicinity a lot and smile at him, give him "the look" which basically says to a guy "talk to me". That's what i look for all the time before i open a girl and ask her name.
    g_angel wrote: »
    ??

you know, the old "fanny flashing" instead of asking out. It's getting out of touch these days, tho.
    ebele123 wrote: »
    I recently joined a drama group 2wks ago and I really fancy one of the guys. After our first lesson, he bought me drink at a bar (all the thespians go to this particular bar) and we chatted for ages and it seemed like we got on. In the 2nd lesson we chatted and had a good time doing karakoe alongside the other thespians but he seemed a bit distant (and I noticed him talking to this particular girl and it looked like he fancied her), however he did give me the eye now and again. Ive been single for a few months and I'm quite calm but for some reason I have a major crush on this guy. Should I forget it or is there a way to get his attention (without being slutty). Thanks

It might be a bit too soon to tell if he fancies you yet but if you've already had a good converesation and he looks over at you a lot then he sounds like he's interested.

My advice would to keep chatting and become friends. Go out for a drink again, get his number and see how it goes. I wouldn't make a big move just yet though take it easy if you've only met him a few times.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    without being slutty, how about talking to him? Asking him out? Sometimes we guys are insecure about those kind of things. Even if I have a great evening out with a gal (especially when drinking a bit), then there are new reservations and doubts on the next contact. "why doesn't she come over and say hello? Maybe she was just being nice and doesn't want anything more from me..."

Go for it, gal. Go up to him, ask him how his weekend was and if he fancies to take a drink (maybe have plans already, like a special bar or something. It's not so good asking someone out and having no clue what to do...) and stuff.

He may just be unsure. Bring the point across that you are interested in him as a person and that you like his company and you will soon enough see if he's up for it, or if he just sees you as a friend.

hear hear, and I have a major problem I've been away from the area for 15 years since I was 10 so haven't the foggiest where to take a girl
    hear hear, and I have a major problem I've been away from the area for 15 years since I was 10 so haven't the foggiest where to take a girl

It's not like you have to decide that when she's impatiently standing next to you with crossed arms and tapping her shoe on the ground.

Just ask a mate if they can recommend you a nice spot. Get to know a few pubs, restaurants, etc beforehand, so you have a few suggestions ready when you are about to ask a girl out. I think finding a nice place to go out to is the smallest problem.
    well I have no mates except the people at the same club we both belong to not that I know any of them that much, I'd give her the choice but don't know how well that would go down anyhow for full details: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?p=2143615#post2143615