Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Indian curry help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know the difference between bhoona, dupiaza and rogon josh curries? On the menu they all say cooked with tomatoes, onions and spices! Very confusing

Comments

• Options
    I think Bhuna is a curry/rice dish, dopiaza is an onion based dish and rogan josh is tomato and cardamom. I could be wrong about this though!
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks Rubberskin. They still all look the same to me though! I'd just try one but my boyfriend isn't keen on big chunks of tomato so I'm a bit wary
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Dupiaza means "two onion" ie it's got a lot of onion in it
    Rogan Josh is has a lot of tomato in it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    mmmmmmm i fancy a nice rogan josh :heart:

sorry useless post
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Chicken Tikka Vindaloo is what it's all about. Either that or a nice Jalfezi.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know the difference between bhoona, dupiaza and rogon josh curries? On the menu they all say cooked with tomatoes, onions and spices! Very confusing

Chicken Dupiaza is my favourite dish.

Medium spicey - Has plenty of peppers and onions in, other than that theres nothing overwhelming.

Bhunas are very slightly spicier - much thicker sauce with tomatoes and plenty of onions

Rogan Josh, i've not had one for such a long time, i think i'll have one next weekend and try for myself, but as said earlier i gather its a tomato based curry

I would recommend a Dupiaza any day, or if you fancy something a little different from a curry house try a Chicken Shashlik - Its a sizzler, chunky pieces of chicken with almost like wedges of fried peppers, onions mild chillies etc... gorgeous
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Chicken Dupiaza is my favourite dish.

Medium spicey - Has plenty of peppers and onions in, other than that theres nothing overwhelming.

Bhunas are very slightly spicier - much thicker sauce with tomatoes and plenty of onions

Rogan Josh, i've not had one for such a long time, i think i'll have one next weekend and try for myself, but as said earlier i gather its a tomato based curry

I would recommend a Dupiaza any day, or if you fancy something a little different from a curry house try a Chicken Shashlik - Its a sizzler, chunky pieces of chicken with almost like wedges of fried peppers, onions mild chillies etc... gorgeous

Thank you! Thats made is much clearer! :thumb: We ended up having a pathia but it was a bit hot for me! Dupiaza sounds like a good one for next time