Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hmm was I in the wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No he is clearly taking the piss and knows that you are non-confrontational so will get away with it. In now ay are you being tight and unreasonable.

You may want to think about your relationship here or be more assertive.
    It does sound like he is taking the piss. If he needed a couple of quid for petrol, he should just ask - not play silly games, pretending he has not got his card.
    he shouldn't know your pin anyway! Using someone else's card is fraud isn't it? I think, anyway.
    You're not in the wrong, he is.
    ha read this back and saw my comment about my new dress. It really serves no purpose in the argument I just wanted to add he also did that :lol:

Thanks for your replies :)

To be fair though he has taken me for a weekend away before so hes not totally mean. But on the other hand I earn about 1/3 what he earns and he knows I have to pay for my tax, my MOT and my bloody petrol :(
    Fair enough if you're not the confrontational type but don't let him mess you about like that.

Tell him straight - if he wants/need to borrow money you REALLY do not mind but please just ask and not be all stupid with it. Be assertive - he won't mess you around again!
    Thing is though I am usually really assertive just I couldnt be bothered starting an argument over money because it was make me feel bad.

I have his pin too in fairness but I might change it again though.
    kate- wrote: »
    ha read this back and saw my comment about my new dress. It really serves no purpose in the argument I just wanted to add he also did that :lol:

Thanks for your replies :)

To be fair though he has taken me for a weekend away before so hes not totally mean. But on the other hand I earn about 1/3 what he earns and he knows I have to pay for my tax, my MOT and my bloody petrol :(

So, half the time you are paying to run his car... and he earns a lot more than you and you have your own car to run?

Sounds like somebody is definitely taking the mickey out of you. There is no way I would be asking my partner to cough up petrol money to run my car if I were in a much better position than they. If they offered some, I would potentially take it, but I wouldn't be trying to trick them to get some out of them.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Fair enough if you're not the confrontational type but don't let him mess you about like that.

Tell him straight - if he wants/need to borrow money you REALLY do not mind but please just ask and not be all stupid with it. Be assertive - he won't mess you around again!

I think this too. My boyfriend usually drives me back to university and I contribute to petrol money. But I'd rather just him say he needs some money for petrol rather than act like he doesn't have a card. It doesn't really sound malicious to me. Maybe he is just embarassed about the subject of money.
    Thinking about this - perhaps he is actually in a bit of a financial mess (regardless of wage) and so he is embarrassed to ask...
    kate- wrote: »
    To be fair though he has taken me for a weekend away before so hes not totally mean.

It's not the meanness that's the problem, it's the way he went about it. Why not just say 'do you mind paying for the petrol this time'? The plotting of a mini act to get your money out of you is just weird.

I take the point someone else made about him just being embarrassed about asking for money, which may be true, but you should be the one person he can be open and honest with, no fannying about.
    Sounds like he was taking the piss.