Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Relationship Breakup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend of 2 and a half years broke up with me on wednesday, and it was a complete shock. He said his feelings had changed and wasnt sure he loved me anymore. Im 17, we're at the same college so i see him everyday. We have spoken on the phone since, just normal conversation but then i get upset and it doesnt help. I dont know what to do with myself, im hoping he will take me back, hes not certain that its over for good. Just in need of some advice on how to deal with it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bloody hell another one, I'm exactly the same, cept mine happened last night but it was a LDR currently waiting for a proper explanation and we'd been together 2 1/2 years. But if the love is being doubted then I think the damage is already done as much as i hate to admit it.
    but i cant help thinking that its stress and this had just made him confused over his feelings. I dont know what to do, i miss him so much already. we spent everyday together almost and having it taken away from me it the worst thing thats ever happened
    I know :( I'm only just starting to get over the shock. I thought he was just stressed too.
    Time is a healer. There is nothing you can do but accept what has happened. It's going to be tough, it's going to be very shit, but you will get over it. It didn't end badly so think of the good times, learn from them, and enjoy a new beginning. You have your whole life ahead of you.
    My boyfriend of 2 and a half years broke up with me on wednesday, and it was a complete shock. He said his feelings had changed and wasnt sure he loved me anymore. Im 17, we're at the same college so i see him everyday. We have spoken on the phone since, just normal conversation but then i get upset and it doesnt help. I dont know what to do with myself, im hoping he will take me back, hes not certain that its over for good. Just in need of some advice on how to deal with it.

Aw :( that's really shit.

My advice would be put as much distance/ space between you and him as possible. From my experience although it's hard, I've found it so much easier to get over some one if I don't have any contact with them at all.
    It's a bit cliche but going out with your friends and having a good time or a girlie sesh or something helps lots as well.

Hope that helped a bit

I very much doubt he will fall in love with you again and come back to you. Better buckle up, stay strong and accept that you've been dumped. It's hard, I know, but false expectations will only make you sadder. dozens of people come here a month telling they've been dumped and so far everyone pulled through.

chin up... you'll make it too.
    If staying in touch only makes you upset, I'd cut off all contact at least for a good while. It's a very hard thing to to in the beginning, but it helps many getting over their breakup faster than if they are still in touch with their ex-partner.

Guess you're feeling down right now, but the road can only go upwards :)