Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Male Bestfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Fucking men!!
My best friend, who is a male, hosted this housewarming for his new place. We are all having a good time and as the night gets later some people decide to stay over. He is really the only man I truly trust, so I felt ok about sharing the room with him, he offered to sleep on the floor but I felt bad so we ended up sharing his bed. The heating was busted so I was shivering lol and we ended up cuddling, it was really nice. Then as he was holding me, he took my hand and was stroking it really softly and we fell asleep like that :heart: (By the way neither of us had been drinking at all so all this happened while we were both sober)

Now fast forward a few weeks and we have BARELY spoken, I mean literally he has barely said a word to me since, I have tried to talk to him a few times on msn but he never replies. I havent been on msn in almost a week now, and I just dont know what to do.

Why is he acting so off with me? :chin: Its making me upset because after that night it made me see him differently.. in a good way..:love:
I want to talk to him but dont know how to, I feel kinda mad actually because its not very nice to ignore me like this :crying: :no:

Help please x

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he is a little confused himself? Its quite a shock to get into that situation especially if you were close friends.

The ignoring side of things is just a male thing to do, i've done it on countless occasions when i don't know what to do or what to say. Don't mean it in a bad way, just some guys don't find it as easy to talk openly about these things.

Have you tried calling him? Go round to his maybe?
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »

Have you tried calling him? Go round to his maybe?

Yeah, deal with this in a proper manner, not on MSN. Ring him or go see him.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice :)
    your right i should talk to him properly, its just awkward for me to just turn up at his, or just call him since we havent spoke in a good while, you know what I mean? Do you think I should just bite the bullet and call him? Im kinda scared lol:nervous:
  • Options
    bonbons wrote: »
    thanks for the advice :)
    your right i should talk to him properly, its just awkward for me to just turn up at his, or just call him since we havent spoke in a good while, you know what I mean? Do you think I should just bite the bullet and call him? Im kinda scared lol:nervous:

Yeah i know the feeling :) , i'd just call him, it beats sitting around thinking about it all the time and getting down about it.

Go find out whats up!!

And come back and tell us :)
  • Options
    in logic you are completely right
    in reality i'm scared lol but i will do it.. in an hour or two lol

but i will,
    its 'now or never' right?
  • Options
    Just don't do it when you're drunk :)
  • Options
    haha no i wouldnt do that
  • Options
    in logic you are completely right
    in reality i'm scared lol but i will do it.. in an hour or two lol

but i will,
    its 'now or never' right?

Just don't go too .. erm .. deep? If you know what i mean. Just see how he is and all that and then if he seems comfortable chat about it.
  • Options
    If you are still plucking up the courage to contact your friend then I would suggest writing a letter. This way you can get everything said that you want to say and there will not be any interruptions from him making you halt or hesitate with what you really want to tell him. Also when you are chatting you may become embarrassed and not tell him how you want this relationship to proceed after that night.

It's hard maintaining a friendship with someone of the opposite sex, but it is possible. I have had the same male friend for 20 plus years.

All you can do is be honest with him and yourself and hope for the best.
  • Options
    before talking bad about him, you should make sure first, that he isn't just really stressed or busy lately. I can guess that he is confused now and needs to make a decision, either to start something serious with you, or let it slide. Just have patience and make your motives clear then.
    Pixi wrote: »
    If you are still plucking up the courage to contact your friend then I would suggest writing a letter.

sorry pixi, but OP, DON'T DO THAT.
    just call him, and arrange to meet up...
  • Options
    Gotta agree with StrubbleS - I think if I were a guy and you gave me a letter I'd be a bit scared!

Just phone him, what have you got to lose?
  • Options
    Ok well a mutual friend told me that he has just got a throat infection, so talking on the phone isnt practical right now LOL
    So I messaged him on msn, got totally blanked so.. yeah.. :chin:
  • Options
    he will come around i do the same...ignoring people...he probably has to sort his head out as it may be a shock to him...you should talk to him face to face and just act normal...then when he relaxes bring it up...
  • Options
    Its a shame though, because he probably thinks I am freaked out by what happened but I'm really not, in fact I feel quite the opposite. Sad thing is, maybe by the time he talks to me, I wont be feeling that way anymore :no:
  • Options
    Text him!!!
  • Options
    text him?? I cant..especially since hes ignored me on msn
  • Options
    I'm kinda at a loss, hes ignoring me, its a standstill situation. I cant make him talk to me, so I think after today, I'm just gonna cut my losses, because this is silly now
  • Options
    better to come out and ask him straight up about why he's being cold
  • Options
    I'm kinda at a loss, hes ignoring me, its a standstill situation. I cant make him talk to me, so I think after today, I'm just gonna cut my losses, because this is silly now

I think you should just call, even if he does have a throat infection. Can tell your going a little crazy over this (which is normal). If you take the initiative and call him then all could be sorted in a few hours.

Upto you though at the end of the day.

Good luck.
  • Options

now come on. Just because he isn't giving life signals every 2 minutes, you don't have to go ballistic. There surely is a good explanation for that. I'd have a bit more leniency for a mate. you know benefit of the doubt and stuff.

Don't do anything you might regret later. If he brushes you off, yeah, nothing lost.

Patience, ma'am.
  • Options
    :eek2: Its been almost a month.. if that isnt patience, then I dont know what is
  • Options
    Cut your losses.

Sadly it does sound as if your friend is avoiding contact with you which doesn't make him much of a good friend, therefore no loss. Sometimes men need space and it is best just to leave them alone but one month is more than enough time.
    If I were you I would forget him. I read once that we are compatible with one in a hundred so there really are plenty of fish in the sea.
  • Options
    :eek2: Its been almost a month.. if that isnt patience, then I dont know what is

oh, ok, that's weird.
    how frequently have you met up before?
    Maybe you should really just call and say you will pop around his place, if he's trying to be evasive, demand an explanation. I mean, ok, it's very likely that this avoiding you is, because of what happened between you, but if doesn't man up and says what's up, squeeze it out of him.
  • Options
    A month?! Okkkk thats abit different then!! Hmm you really should go see him. Really odd to not stay in touch for a month.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    He fancy's you and now feels awkward because you mates. Men are shit at things like, unfortunately it will be up to you to make him feel comfortable again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    He fancy's you and now feels awkward because you mates. Men are shit at things like, unfortunately it will be up to you to make him feel comfortable again.

:yes:
  • Options
    you didn't shit in his bed did you?
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    you didn't shit in his bed did you?

lmao nah.. but i wish i did now ;)

Update: He has had a lot of crazy random stuff happen in his life and in mine and we are meeting up next week :yes:

My house mates have gone on holiday, so he is coming over for a day or so to keep me company.
    I'm feeling relaxed about it, not worried or anything.
    But, I just don't know the best way to play it?? :blush:

I know its good that he is coming round though
  • Options
    Maybe he likes the cock. :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Maybe he likes the cock. :)

finger's crossed for you, teagan :lol: