Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kanye West @ Global Gathering?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What do people think about that? He's headlining at Global Gathering. Alot of people i've talked to are kicking up a fuss about this as its a dance music festival and not a rap music festival.

I'm not particulary fussed, the promoters know this will bring in a huge load of money for them so so it makes sense from their point of view. I might go see him if im around, plenty of other artists i wanna see though.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    At the end of the day it's about what music the people want to listen to, if you go to GG you expect listen to dance music, not rap :(:).
  • Options
    Loada shite, then again I never thought much for Global Gathering in the first place.
  • Options
    I went last year for the weekend and it was class, fucking mudbath but there was such a choice in people to go and see you had to decide who you preferred.

Was in the Godskitchen tent most of the Saturday and it was one of the best nights i've had. You couldn't really move as you were stuck in the mud though :p Funny when these pricks decided to climb the scaffolding and people were shouting so much abuse at them .. Paul Van Dyk had to stop the music and in his German accent "Plllllease get DOWN"

Dunno what i'll do this year, might just go for the Saturday, depends on the money situation.
  • Options
    What a sell-out. Organisers should be ashamed.

The dance scene has gone down the shitter because of crap like this.
  • Options
    I would be pretty pished if I bought tickets for a dance festival thing THEN they headline Kayne West.
  • Options
    Funny when these pricks decided to climb the scaffolding and people were shouting so much abuse at them .. Paul Van Dyk had to stop the music and in his German accent "Plllllease get DOWN"

Poor dude, I can just see him doing that too :D

I wouldn't be buying a ticket if that were the case though. I wouldn't expect to go to an RnB event and see someone like Lee Haslem headlining it.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Poor dude, I can just see him doing that too :D

I wouldn't be buying a ticket if that were the case though. I wouldn't expect to go to an RnB event and see someone like Lee Haslem headlining it.

He smacked a dude a while back after they did that lol.

As for going or not going, i'd still go for all the other acts. Godskitchen tent all the way ;)
  • Options
    Its funny how times change. In the early days of rave there was lot less barriers between music. It was quite coomon that if you were into whats termed as dance now you also listened to Hip-Hop, Rare Groove and certain indie bands such as the Happy Mondays, Stone Roses etc

I bought tickets for a rave in 1989, the headline acts were Public Enemy and De La Soul!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I went last year for the weekend and it was class, fucking mudbath but there was such a choice in people to go and see you had to decide who you preferred.

Was in the Godskitchen tent most of the Saturday and it was one of the best nights i've had. You couldn't really move as you were stuck in the mud though :p Funny when these pricks decided to climb the scaffolding and people were shouting so much abuse at them .. Paul Van Dyk had to stop the music and in his German accent "Plllllease get DOWN"

Dunno what i'll do this year, might just go for the Saturday, depends on the money situation.

mmhmm i was in there when that happened!

yeah i had an amazing time at global but so many people complained becuase they fucked up the organisation a bit. Also there was nowhere to sit!! which isn't good when its pissing it down. And I would definitely not go if kanye is headlining because that just invites a whole other crowd.

Isn't it similar to creamfields though? They're making it a weekend event now with rock music as well as dance.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Daniel Kandi at a Motorhead gig.
    Then its all fair.