Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cheesey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to have an inordinate variety of cheese in the fridge at the mo. Always have plenty, being a veggie but got Gouda, Parmesan, Cream, Cheddar, Gruyere, Leedamer, Ementhal, cottage and Dairylea !

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have mexicana, cheddar, mozerella and boursin :yum:
    Stilton with blueberries and some super-extra-vintage-mature cheddar. You know, the stuff that makes your mouth shrivel up ;)
    I have mexicana

What's that ? I used to like the pepper boursin, but it's crap now. It used to be a round of boursin covered with cracked pepper, now its just all mixed up.
    I have mature cheddar, a ball of mozzarella (which I'm going to have with avocado and cherry tomatoes tonight :yum: ) and a tiny bit of smoked applewood

If I had a proper fridge I'd normally have cheddar (mild and mature), parmasan and cream cheese but there's no space at the moment

Mmmmmmmmm I love cheese! Why does it have to be so high in cholesterol :(
    mexicana:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
    It's kind of an orange colured cheddar with spicy bits of pepper (the veg not the cracked type) in it. I'm going to chop it up into little cubes and put it on homemade pizzas :yum: x 10
    cheese_chile_uk.jpg
    aww im not alowed cheese in my fridge at the moment im trying to teach myself to live with out it, i eat way too much when i buy it but im hoping they'll have some lincolnshire poacher in sainsburys when i go shopping later
    It's kind of an orange colured cheddar with spicy bits of pepper (the veg not the cracked type) in it. I'm going to chop it up into little cubes and put it on homemade pizzas :yum: x 10
    cheese_chile_uk.jpg

My bf eats that all the time..it smells yummy when it's melted on toast.
    It's nice cubed and put in risotto as well - put it in just before you serve it and it's just the right amount of gooey.
    I had mexicana but its all been eaten. I have oakenwood, normal chedder and some boursin but I seem to have gone off the taste of it.
    I don't like cheese.

Yes that's right I don't like cheese.

People are amazed by it, and I usually get the question of, "why dont you like it" and my reply is what don't you like, and why don't you like that. I just don't like the taste or smell of it god damn.

The smell of melted cheese makes me want to gag!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    cheese_chile_uk.jpg

I've had it not as good as the local cheese called Afterburn - made with real naga chilis. :yum:

Even better there's a farm no futther than half a mile aways which produces some of the best cheese I've ever had. Garlic and nettle? :yum:

http://www.lyburncheese.co.uk/
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    I've had it not as good as the local cheese called Afterburn - made with real naga chilis. :yum:

Even better there's a farm no futther than half a mile aways which produces some of the best cheese I've ever had. Garlic and nettle? :yum:

http://www.lyburncheese.co.uk/
    you do have a tongue of asbestos though, mexicana is very spicy by my standards so I reckon my tongue would burn off if I ate the one you are suggesting!
    g_angel wrote: »
    ... some super-extra-vintage-mature cheddar. You know, the stuff that makes your mouth shrivel up ;)

That's I cheese I've got at the moment in my fridge :heart:

I also had a tub of cottage cheese with pineapple this week but I've finished it now. I think I need to do some food shopping soon :chin:
    Other half has a bit of a cheese addiction, so we always have plenty in. That said, I don't think we've got too much at the moment, just cheddar, double gloucester, mozzarella, parmesan and philadelphia. Oh, and cheese slices.
    I just have some cheddar at the moment, but my flatmate is addicted to cheese - there are about 8 different ones in there at the moment, I recognise the parmesan and edam but aren't too sure what the others are.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    you do have a tongue of asbestos though, mexicana is very spicy by my standards so I reckon my tongue would burn off if I ate the one you are suggesting!

http://www.windyridgecheese.com/produce.php
    Our Red Hot Wheels ...

... offer a selection of hot & spicy cheeses in an eight wedge dartboard (900g).

Cheeses include Chilli Wack, Spicy Tom, Mex Mix, Cheddar & Garlic, Flaming Inferno, Cheddar & Curry, Afterburn and Seriously Hot!

:yum:
    Weekender Offender 
    That Red Hot Wheel sounds tasty!

We always have paramsan (sussex made) in the fridge as my mum loves it and I think we still have some halomi in the freezer as well.
    Mmmmm I bought mexicana cheddar today after being inspired by this thread! Gonna have it in sandwiches tomorrow, yummm can't wait!