Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Just been dumped

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend of nearly 2 1/2 years has just dumped me. I just can't believe it - I really don't know what to do. :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :( *hugs* That really really sucks. What reason did he give?
    Just didn't feel the same and wanted time to think. We'd been a bit off for a while but I thought it was just a rough patch. I just don't get it.
    Is there a friend you can go and see for a while to take your mind off it for a while?
    you must be feeling horrible :(
    Aye, being dumped is rubbish. Hope you feel better soon.
    I took a gap year too so we could balance out our education so we'd be qualifying at the sameish time - so I'm going to email uni and ask them if there are any spaces left (I haven't actually accepted the offer yet) and I'm going to an open day next week so hopefully I can be off in september instead.
    It's terrible when it happens but you will get over it I promise! You just need to carry on living life and not letting it stop you having a good time.
    Yeah its come right in the middle of piles of coursework, school work and revision. Just the last thing I needed, I just need to do my best to stay focused but it was hard enough before so I dunno how I'm going to manage now.
    Hugs
    Aw, I'm not really sure what to say to you hon. But big *hugs* for you :)
    hugs, that's horrible, hope ur ok x
    oh no, you must feel awful #(hugs)
    I really don't know what to do with myself - i feel like my whole world has just caved in.
    Ohh well doing something positive and forward looking like seeing if you can get into uni a year early is a step in the right direction - otherwise i suggest you start looking for some wicked gap year experiences and book a round the world ticket.

And i'm sending you giant massive hugs - i broke up with my boyfriend in the middle of my A-level exams and it was super crap.
    That is gayer than gay, that is just horrible.

BUT

your world hasn't caved in. You are a fantastic person as an individual - mabye he was a fantastic person along with you but you can't string him along in a relationship he has now, made perfectly clear that he wasn't happy with.

You need to go out tonight/tomorrow with mates and have a good time. Fuck him - afterall it's friday tomorrow and it's weekend. DON'T let it get you down - impossible I know!

and just for the record - HUGS x x x
    Sorry to hear that, big hugs it really sucks. I promise things will be okay on your own, I suggest you take that gap year though :yes:
    Sorry Ballerina :crying: I know how you feel.
    condolences.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The end of a relationship is one of the saddest things and I really feel for you right now. Let yourself go through the motions and try not to make any rash decisions about the future. In time you will respect his honesty, but for now I imagine the hurt is a lot to bear. Look after yourself and as Ashlee says, don't forget how great you are. *hugs*
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    That is gayer than gay, that is just horrible.

Yeah, just how 'gay' can it possibly get? I mean, is 'horrible' actually worse than gay? I don't think so. I think just plain 'gay' sums it all up ... :thumb:
    Teagan wrote: »
    Yeah, just how 'gay' can it possibly get? I mean, is 'horrible' actually worse than gay? I don't think so. I think just plain 'gay' sums it all up ... :thumb:

I think horrible is worse than gayer than gay :yes:

(ha what the fuck was I on the day I wrote that!!)

:lol:
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I think horrible is worse than gayer than gay :yes:

(ha what the fuck was I on the day I wrote that!!)

:lol:

;)
    :( i hope you're alright, things will feel better soon
    Big supportive hugs coming your way. I know how crappy I feel after an arguement so can only imagine how you are feeling after a split.

Big hugs :)
    There may be an intsy bitsy glimmer of hope, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I just want him back, I love him to bits and he's my best mate. I can't imagine him not being in my life, we've been through sooo much.

eta: I've written an email telling him how I feel which is basically what I've put above. I haven't heard from him since sunday night (email) which I replied to. So would it be a good idea to send another explaining my feelings or will this just come across as too clingy and desperate and push him away even more?
    Personally, I would wait until the weekend. If he hasn't said anything, then prehaps email him again?
    I sent it this morning, it was just what I felt had gone wrong and a bit about how I feel about him. Nothing too OTT or emotional though.
    Sorry to hear that.

It may seem bleak now but things will begin to look up.