Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

dry shampoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how well does it work? and what brands would you recommend?
dont really want to make a habit out of it but had my hair done today at the hairdressers and would quite like to keep it this way for saturday night. i know if i attempt to wash it and style it myself it wont look anything like it does now so i was thinking about using a bit of dry shampoo if it begins to look greasey...
good idea?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got the Bastiste tropical one today but I've never used it I'll let you know after I do though.
    Bastiste is my lifesaver, and a few other peoples i guess remembering this thread. personally on my hair it wouldnt last from today til saturday without having to wash it, even with dry shampoo, but my hair gets greasy really easily. you can always try it though!
    The front of my hair tends to be a bit greasy the morning after washing it so I thought I'd try this.
    Perhaps I'm being a bit retarded here but... even if this dry shampoo works, how do you go three days without soap to the rest of you? *holds nose* :p
    Perhaps I'm being a bit retarded here but... even if this dry shampoo works, how do you go three days without soap to the rest of you? *holds nose* :p
    :lol: surely you can have a bath without washing your hair?
    Well I'd guess the steam from the hot water would ruin your hair anyways then. Or maybe I've just never had a properly working fan in the bathroom...
    well as sad as it sounds i normally just wear a shower cap and that works fine!!
    ooh i'll have a look for this bastiste stuff then, assuming you can get it in boots?
    I use the bastiste stuff and it's really good. You can't tell your hair needs washing at all once you've used it. It makes my hair look blonder too when I've used it :yes:
    Yeah, I use Batiste too. I don't like to wash my hair every day as it takes so bloody long to straighten etc and Batiste is really good for those in-between days. But I can't ever use it two days in a row or longer (unless at a festival)...it just starts feeling minging. There's the Lee Stafford stuff as well, that's meant to be good only it's more expensive than Batiste.
    I use the Lee Stafford stuff because I was getting some of their other products and they were on 3 for 2. I wash my hair every day and it wouldn't get me through a whole new day (that's partly due to my hairstyle though that I feel I need to wsah/dry/straighten) but if I've washed my hair in the afternoon or something and don't want to do it again the next morning it works a treat.
    Baistie all the way. I dont use it very often, as I was my hair every other day , but its good at the weekends if I'm being lazy or if it just looks rubbish on the second morning after washing it and I cant put my hair up for some reason.
    I like the Bastitse tropical..smells like pina coladas :yes:
    Lee stafford one is my favourite. I wash my hair every other day so just use it on those days where I don't wash it. I tend to wear my hair quite messy anyway so just spray it in and mess it up. Smells nice too. I found batiste to be a bit too powdery.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I got the Bastiste tropical one today but I've never used it I'll let you know after I do though.
    Its amazing!

I could not live without it!
    Kat_B wrote: »
    well as sad as it sounds i normally just wear a shower cap and that works fine!!
    ooh i'll have a look for this bastiste stuff then, assuming you can get it in boots?

:o I'm such a tard sometimes, how obvious! sorry :(
    I must find this stuff, it sounds so nice.

Oh that stuff is rather expensive! :(
    Kat_B wrote: »
    Cheapest place is like bodycare/grahams its about £1.79