Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

knock to ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A while back I had a knock to the ear which subsconsequently leaded to me having partial hearing loss for 1-3 days. Then it was grand and hearing returned to normal. Same thing then happened again two months ago, but only lasted around an hour.

Was this normal ( for hearing to go partially after a knock to the ear), and is it serious?

Also something I noticed was that hearing loss occured in both ears as well as the ear that wasn't knocked.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I suggest that with hearing loss after a blow to the head you should see your GP or even go to A&E.
  • Options
    Perhaps, but it was some time ago. Also, thought I might as well mention this, it was a palm to the side of head.
  • Options
    But it still resulted in hearing lost. I really think you should see your GP.
  • Options
    i'd say go to the doctors as well as you don't know what damage has been done
  • Options
    Any hearing loss should really be checked out - it's one of those things that might not automatically get better without some medical help.
  • Options
    Ok thanks for replies. Could it be serious? I have been trying to look it up on the net but haven't found much on it.
  • Options
    Could be serious, might not be serious - main thing is you won't know till it's checked :)
  • Options
    O.k cheers.