Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Face values applied to love game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, what you all think about this new study According to which you face can be taken as measure weather you would like to be in Long term or short term relationship.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/7336578.stm

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds rubbish to me.
    And as much as I'd hate to adree with Strubbles :p I also think its rubbish
    I am more attracted to the face on the right, am I after a short-term relationship? Who knows...
    sounds like rubbish to me. A face is a face, if it's looking at me then so much the better! :p
    I guessed which faces matched the type of relationship without looking at the answers and reckon there's something in this, although it's probably more a subconscious thing than an active decision, to initially go for someone who looks like they want a short-term relationship rather than a long one or vice-versa!
    Haha, so basically all those people with square faces like to shag around. Sorry I didn't really read it, just saw the pictures and giggled.

I have a square face.
    I think these kind of studies have value acadamically but not in practical life as we cannot judge someone from their face but that is also fact that we do judge people from their face as wel!

It can help psychologist and other professional in this fields related to relationship or these kind of areas to make some kind of guess about what is happening. But its not hard science just a study showing general pattern.
    Some guy won $100 gift certificate today on the radio for knowing that "doe eyed" women like short term sex more.

If only I read the article yesterday! :p