Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone who lives in London?? I Need Big Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi, Tomorrow i am going to london for the day , we are going to centrel london and i know where i can park for the day time but we are then going to leicester sqaure theatre to see a musical and i dnt know where to park, does anyone know of any nr by car parks or any tube stations around london where i am able to park please??? Thank you xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The TFL website might give you information www.tfl.gov.uk but if you ask any one who lives in London they will tell you that you're nuts.

If, and its a big if, you find a parking space you'll have to pay at the very least £5 per hour, though its likely to be double that.

Use the train and tube, it will be cheaper and easier.
    There is a car park near my tube staion which is north greenwhich it costs £6 to park I think for hte day = but unless you are randomly in SE london its probably more hassle than its worth to get there. Though some suburban railway staitions have car parks.

Also you will have to pay the congestion charge if your driving into london before 18.30

Sometimes you can find free on the street parking on the Strand and also on waterloo bridge after 7ish. Or if you don't need to get there too early there are car parking bays outside my office which i have never seen occupied ever - probably becuase they are on a complicated one way system....
    Hi, Tomorrow i am going to london for the day , we are going to centrel london and i know where i can park for the day time but we are then going to leicester sqaure theatre to see a musical and i dnt know where to park, does anyone know of any nr by car parks or any tube stations around london where i am able to park please??? Thank you xxx

There used to be free parking on a few residential streets v.close to South Ruislip tube. Go somewhere outside Central London and then get the tube in.
    I agree with the others, but if you can afford to drive and park in Central London then you can try the NCP car park new Newport Court / Gerrard Street off Shaftesbury Ave. It's the closest to the West End I know.