Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriends been ignoring me for a week, for no reason and he's made no effort to see me. It's getting to me ALOT. I hate ignorance. He did it before a few weeks ago, for a couple of days but I think he just needed space. I must of done something wrong, right

It just feels like he doesn't care for me at all, you'd think if he thought about me he'd text to see if I'm okay and stuff, but nothing. I feel so insignificant.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    After a week of being ignored, any partner of mine would be on probation, pending fucking good excuse; after two weeks they would no longer be my partner. He is treating you like you are insignificant... Are you insignificant?
    sounds unfair...

you didn't mention much about your relationship. is it possible, that he doesn't agree that he is your boyfriend, and its just a casual thing?
    hmmm :/ Are you my girlfriend? If yes, I am sorry,...

Nothings harder than telling a person who's in love with you and thinks everything is perfect that you don't want to be with her.
    I think the fact you said "it feels like he doesn't care for me at all" sums it all up really. You shouldn't feel like that in a relationship - even when my boyfriend and I disagree or are upset with each other or something I know deep down he cares for me and loves me. He would never ignore me for a week either, that's not something you do in a balanced and loving relationship. How have you tried contacting him? Is it possible for you to go and see him face-to-face? If so, I'd do that and just tell him that you're a bit confused as to what's going on.
    have you txt/called him? is he deliberly not texting back/picking up?
    I've been with him four months.
    __tink wrote: »
    I've been with him four months.

any sings of complaints from him? or discontent? Did he act different lately? Any quarrels or other changes?
    I dunno it can be anything, either he needs a break, but then he should have asked for it, on the other hand he could have grown bored of the relationship.
    In either case you should talk to him, to find out and properly handle the situation.
    Completely agree with Strubbles. It's not fair of him to keep you hanging like this; you do need to speak to him and find out what the problem is, if any, and why he's acting like this towards you.
    My boyfriends been ignoring me for a week, for no reason and he's made no effort to see me. It's getting to me ALOT. I hate ignorance. He did it before a few weeks ago, for a couple of days but I think he just needed space. I must of done something wrong, right

It just feels like he doesn't care for me at all, you'd think if he thought about me he'd text to see if I'm okay and stuff, but nothing. I feel so insignificant.

Have you rang or text him?

If he not replying to your calls or texts, personally I would send him one last text telling him it's finished or at the very least, he's got twenty four hours to get in contact and if not he can piss off.

My sister was with a guy recently and it seemed to be going really well then suddenly he just stopped speaking/ calling for two days then rang her at the end of the second day to tell her it's over. Men are so weird!

You might be upset now but you'll feel so much better when you know what's going on like whether it's definately on or definately off.
    He text me last night saying he's had loads of uni work, which I guess is understandable but he could of at least told me instead of leaving me wondering.
    Hi chuck

I agree with you its not fair and should have told you that he had loads of work on

Going through a simular situation.

Do you think he is just keeping you in reserve or do you think you will get the relationship back on track:banghead:
    He text me last night saying he's had loads of uni work, which I guess is understandable but he could of at least told me instead of leaving me wondering.

Ah well at least he's made contact.

Still it's not very nice being ignored and you shouldn't have to put up with it. If you really like him and don't want to split up, I suggest text him back saying something like 'Ah okay well when you're free give me a call or something x' and leave it at that until he comes to you. Then when he's back to normal talk to him about how ignoring you upsets you.