Home Drink & Drugs
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Drugs are better than sex?

13

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was waiting for the bus and some dirty skinny old woman with no teeth went around the corner in an alleyway and came out all happy, walked straight into the middle of the road obliviously. I'm glad i favour sex over drugs. In fact, i do both, i go out, take the odd pill, get pissed, get a bird, take her home an wollop her, it's great. Life of a playa!

    Most people use drugs to escape something.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most people use drugs to escape something.
    i'd disagree with that.
    Most people take heroin to escape something yes.
    But i can assure you i aint needing to escpe anything or anyone ...some guys enjoy a cigar ...you suggesting they need to escape?
    Those cans of beer in the fridge are to escape?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WLH wrote: »
    Ok, I'm getting to the point, it just requires a lot of thinking..

    I think really it's just that sometimes I would prefer to do drugs, not per se but simply because it's all less hassle. People don't get so uptight about drugs, though obviously some people disapprove of them. For example in Shameless, when Marty has a go at someone for being too old to shag. But no-one's regarded as too old for drugs. I think it's stuff like that I'm getting at. Drugs is a pleasure that can last for a lifetime, sex isn't. (at least, this seems to be society's way of thinking). And yet, when you think about, there are awkward things about drugs, like making sure it's the right stuff, trying not to damage your health, etc. But then I'd be excluded from being judged because people would just think 'oh, he's into drugs, he's a drugs kind of person'. So then whether or not I've been laid would become irrelevant, or at least less relevant. I'm not even sure it'll last forever, we all go through phases and that. I would like particularly like to know if anyone on these boards is going through the same thing.

    That probably seems like a strange and long-winded post, but is basically the burden I carry with me every day.
    Despite what you might think, drugs and sex are not mutually exclusive. You ARE allowed to either, or both, whatever you like...! I think you're thinking into this way too much. You wouldn't get excluded for taking drugs, 'cos you wouldn't tell people about it if that's going to happen. Old people get shags - they shag old people.
    Most people use drugs to escape something.
    Bullshit. What do you base that on; have you spoken to most people whom take drugs?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ever felt like you needed a night out to try and let loose? maybe bought a few beers on the way home form work to drink alone?

    It's all a form of escapism and leads to other stuff. i do it myself, had a hard day at work, annoyed at something, i'll buy a few cans and sit off because it feels good. Escapism.

    You don't have to be a smackhead to be escaping something by taking drugs.

    The difference being, i don't have sex because i'm trying to "let loose" or have a good time by changing my mood with drugs.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bullshit. What do you base that on; have you spoken to most people whom take drugs?

    Everyday. My dad was a speed addict, my step mom too, he died because of it. When i go out fo a weekend we get coke and pills. I've tried a fair bit too, ketamine was strange, that felt good, but that was for the hell of it.

    When i'm feeling down and i want to go out i'll take a bit more than usual to break free(escapism). I don't need to and i'd rather not admit it but it's true if you think down deep why you do it. When i'm stressed i'll smoke some green/weed that's under my bed so i can escape from reality and chill for a bit. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it's different from sex.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Everyday. My dad was a speed addict, my step mom too, he died because of it. When i go out fo a weekend we get coke and pills. I've tried a fair bit too, ketamine was strange, that felt good, but that was for the hell of it.

    When i'm feeling down and i want to go out i'll take a bit more than usual to break free(escapism). I don't need to and i'd rather not admit it but it's true if you think down deep why you do it. When i'm stressed i'll smoke some green/weed that's under my bed so i can escape from reality and chill for a bit. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it's different from sex.
    What does that have to do with everybody else in the world who takes drugs? You can't possibly say that everyone takes drugs to escape reality - you just don't know that. Don't base your assumptions on your own reasons for doing it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If i have some serious shit going on in my life the last thing i'll do is smoke dope ...why?
    Cos it would make my problems seem even bigger and do my friggin head in thats why. If it takes months to sort the problem out ...then i don't smoke for months.
    Problem sorted ...then it's time to chill ...to celebrate ...to turn the lights on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    people are different.....and therefore take drugs for different reasons...me i like to socialise, experience new things and think on a different level...i also thinks its a good way to empahise with others....i take drugs for the fun of it...

    and with regards to sex...why not both? its ignorant to think that those who take drugs are doing so because they then wont have to go out and try and get laid...that people will simply think 'ah he's into his drugs...' then they will think he is happy enough gettin fucked and isnt looking for sex...is that what you where trying to say WLH?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

    and with regards to sex...why not both? its ignorant to think that those who take drugs are doing so because they then wont have to go out and try and get laid...that people will simply think 'ah he's into his drugs...' then they will think he is happy enough gettin fucked and isnt looking for sex...is that what you where trying to say WLH?

    Something along the lines of that. I guess it's possibly just a strategy that won't work then.

    Another way of course is to go live in a monastery, but you do have to be religious and I think all the silly 'lust is sin' attitudes would actually annoy me a lot more than 'I've got a girlfriend/pulled and you haven't'

    Do you think being profound and interested in things, as opposed to shallow, is a bit of a barrier?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ever felt like you needed a night out to try and let loose? maybe bought a few beers on the way home form work to drink alone?

    Both things apply to me, though I don't drink so much now.

    Somewhat lament the fact that alcohol and tobacco is all that's available though I do accept that you need to be more careful with other drugs. Tobacco would be better if it weren't for passive smoking.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol.........

    I'm guessing you don't have a lot of sex

    Would this make me inferior?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    is threads annoying as fuck :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    is threads annoying as fuck :thumb:

    Does this mean:

    1) This thread's annoying as fuck
    2) His threads are annoying as fuck
    3) Neither of the above?

    :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    this
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    this

    I don't understand why it should be annoying. Free country, isn't it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If this decision had to be made I think it would destroy me!
    Ive had worse experiances with sex than with drugs but then no drug that I have tried has compaired to the really good sex...

    Economially ofcouse, sex is free. Another giant plus :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WHAT. THE. FUCK.

    Kill me now!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess i must have an addictive personality then. Not a good sign.

    As shallow as it sounds, in a sense yes, if you're not very sexually active ro attractive, socially it can amke you inferior and taking drugs as an alternative will certainly have you viewed as inferior.

    The thing is it seems as if you're taking the drugs an alternative. I don't think that's good. Even though i like to drink a few cans for escapism myself, makes me feel better at strssed out times.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What I think of this thread:

    JackHackettBl.JPG
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who the fuck sees drugs as a replacement for sex? Seriously?

    Why am I still posting on this :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who the fuck sees drugs as a replacement for sex? Seriously?

    Why am I still posting on this :(

    You seem a lot like Patrick Bateman, the whole 'You know what a fucking loser you are?' attitude. Why do people in the 21st century still think like him?

    And as for the first question, maybe it's just a form of escapism from the fact that some people are just, simply, not allowed to enjoy sex.

    <As shallow as it sounds, in a sense yes, if you're not very sexually active ro attractive, socially it can amke you inferior and taking drugs as an alternative will certainly have you viewed as inferior.>

    I would have thought taking drugs would increase people's respect for you, not because they're a good thing necessarily, but because they're regarded as 'cool'. Would say you have a point though.

    <Economially ofcouse, sex is free. Another giant plus>

    For some people, it's not. Why do you think people go to hookers or become involved with money-grubbers? (Not that I'm saying this has to be done, by any means).

    Whoever you are, you can lambast people for telling the truth, but you can't make the truth go away. And the truth is, some of us are rejected by society. But, never mind, eh? Just something which has to be dealt with.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WLH wrote: »
    some people are just, simply, not allowed to enjoy sex.

    .

    Not allowed?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not allowed?

    Society tends to disapprove of certain people having sex, which doesn't stop them from doing so, but it must interfere with their enjoyment of life. T

    I don't mean my posts to seem self-pitying at all, some people may bring certain problems on themselves, I don't know. I just wish to comment on the whole 'you're a loser' attitude which some people seem to take.

    I've come to conclude that you can't replace sex with drugs, but some people have a rude way of saying that.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WLH wrote: »
    Society tends to disapprove of certain people having sex, which doesn't stop them from doing so, but it must interfere with their enjoyment of life. T

    I don't mean my posts to seem self-pitying at all, some people may bring certain problems on themselves, I don't know. I just wish to comment on the whole 'you're a loser' attitude which some people seem to take.

    I've come to conclude that you can't replace sex with drugs, but some people have a rude way of saying that.
    Are you disabled?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You say that some people are rejected by society, as if society is an entity with only one view. The truth is 'society' doesn't disapprove of anybody having sex. Everyone has their own view; don't assume all people are small minded.

    If you feel I have a "you're a loser" attitude, that's because I don't like to see people get stuck in a cycle of negativity and self-pity. I don't want you to wallow, I want you to realise that if you go out there and look, you can find whatever you want.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WLH wrote: »
    Society tends to disapprove of certain people having sex, which doesn't stop them from doing so, but it must interfere with their enjoyment of life. T

    Whose idea was it to put a 'T' in that thread?!

    <Are you disabled?>

    No.

    <If you feel I have a "you're a loser" attitude, that's because I don't like to see people get stuck in a cycle of negativity and self-pity. I don't want you to wallow, I want you to realise that if you go out there and look, you can find whatever you want.>

    Fair enough. I never meant this thread to be about me though, more as a simple question about whether there are any reasons for people who cannot have good sex to stay off drugs (not entirely in jest, I'm afraid).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nowt beats sex with the one you love.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :eek2:
    What in the name of god is this thread about??:lol:
    Well,I`ll try to answer as best I can......
    1)Drugs arent always fun and paying for them definately isnt either.I hate the buzz from drugs now,I sit there twitching and frustrated feeling like I really wanted to do something but it was 4am!!:nervous: At the end of the day drugs can be fun but not for me,personal preferance and thats why I stopped.
    2)Sex is ok,but at the same time its not the earth stopping phenomenom (spelling?:D ) that will change your life.Its fun while it lasts but your not going to sit for hours recounting it as your favourite anecdote.Personally,I sometimes really want sex and other times I feel totally turned off by even the thought of it.

    As for "some people are labelled mingers","why should I be labelled as something I didnt choose or want?" and the frankly sad and pathetic "only some people are allowed to enjoy sex.........." what a pile of shite.
    You make yourself in this world,you label yourself and you enjoy what you want.
    Who gives a shit if some cunt in a club calls you a minger?Do you know them?NO!So why should you care about them,its just their opinion and for everyone that thinks your a minger theres loads more that dont.

    ...........Ive lost myself now.:blush:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Leaf wrote: »

    You make yourself in this world,you label yourself and you enjoy what you want.
    Who gives a shit if some cunt in a club calls you a minger?Do you know them?NO!So why should you care about them,its just their opinion and for everyone that thinks your a minger theres loads more that dont.

    ...........Ive lost myself now.:blush:

    The Leaf, you are truly fantastic :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MancDan wrote: »
    nowt beats sex with the one you love.

    I respect that, but I do wonder a bit about all the being in love kind of stuff, it does require a lot of trust. That may need a separate thread though I think.
Sign In or Register to comment.