Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shampoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend a good shampoo that leaves fine hair silky rather than limp and lanky.

Comments

• Options
    "Aussie mega" shampoo and conditioners are ace.
  • Options
    What "type" of hair do you have?

I've always found Herbal Essences to be good.

ETA - Ignore me, you said fine hair :o
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    "Aussie mega" shampoo and conditioners are ace.

:yes: I have really fine hair and they work wonders on it.
  • Options
    i have fine hair and john frieda seems to work, though aussie conditioner is the best!
  • Options
    definately best value for money has got to be aussie :) I use bedhead tigi at the moment but its mega expensive although some outlets like tkmaxx and tj hughes sell it for cheaper!
  • Options
    My hair's quite fine and until recently, I always used Herbal Essences, which did the trick. Tell you what though, all the hype about Head and Shoulders is actually true - that stuff is amazing.

Currently using Aussie (like the rest of the girls on the site, it seems!).
  • Options
    all the hype about Head and Shoulders is actually true

According to my hairdresser they tell them at college the only thing Head and shoulders is good for is cleaning the oven. Now it was about 15 years ago she told me (Had the same hairdresser 21 years). so not sure if it has improved, but when I tried it a couple of years back when I ran out of mine -bf used it. My head burnt and my hair ended up a mess. I'll stick with Mane and tail. If it's good for horses it's going to be good for us. Before anyone asks it is a shampoo for horse and human.
  • Options
    Thanks

Thanks for your recommendations, I will give Aussie a go, it must be good, not so sure I'll try the horse shampoo though as you probably have to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    The Aussie one comes highly recommended. You don't have to buy Mane n Tail in bulk. example price.