Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sumer solstice

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Stonehene.

Who going?

Good free craic, Loads of weirdos, drugs, alcohol. All you ned for a good time?
Weekender Offender 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When is it?!
    tuity wrote: »
    When is it?!

:lol: even if you didn't mean it...

Bit like asking when Christmas is - same day every year surely?
    Lol but i don't even know what day!?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It's going to be messy.
    Weekender Offender 
    if you dont even know the day, then you should probably stay away from stonehenge at solstice, cos that just takes away from the people who it means something to
    if you dont even know the day, then you should probably stay away from stonehenge at solstice, cos that just takes away from the people who it means something to

20,000 people turned up last year. I don't think it'll make much difference.
    Weekender Offender 
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/stonehenge/2008/

I might go...depends if anyone else I know fancies it.
    It's only 30 minutes down the road from me.

Last time I went there was no trouble, loads of drugs and drink, and free curry for everybody.

That's all I ever need for a good time. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    My flatmate goes to it most years, he lives on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border. Wouldn't mind going for a bit of craic this year.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    he lives on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border.

I live in Wiltshire. Half of my garden is in Hampshire. :chin:
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    I live in Wiltshire. Half of my garden is in Hampshire. :chin:

Strange, he says people from his area call themselves Arcadians or something like that.
    It's only 30 minutes down the road from me.

Last time I went there was no trouble, loads of drugs and drink, and free curry for everybody.

That's all I ever need for a good time. :D

It's not too much further for me...although I'd rather find a way of getting there without driving then I can drink! But I can believe it's good and figure living this close it's one of those things I should do once. And free curry is just a bonus ;)
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Strange, he says people from his area call themselves Arcadians or something like that.

Never heard of them. You sure he's not actually from Greece?

Kazbo, You can get the x7 bus from Soton to Salisbury and then a bus to Amesbury quite easilly. Then you don't have to drive. It's worth going - it doesn't often fall on a weekend.
    Weekender Offender 

Kazbo, You can get the x7 bus from Soton to Salisbury and then a bus to Amesbury quite easilly. Then you don't have to drive. It's worth going - it doesn't often fall on a weekend.

Cheers :)
    20,000 people turned up last year. I don't think it'll make much difference.

ah, i didnt realise it was actually a festival. I just assumed it was for people truly wanting to celebrate solstice, being that its supposed to be a sacred site and everything
    ah, i didnt realise it was actually a festival. I just assumed it was for people truly wanting to celebrate solstice, being that its supposed to be a sacred site and everything

Nah. Everybodies jumped on it now. At least it's still free, umlike the bastards at Glasto.
    Weekender Offender 

Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Ah, I can see how he may have got the two confused? ;):p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe he's from this Arcadia. :p
    Teagan wrote: »
    Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Hampshire/Wiltshire border? Greece? Ah, I can see how he may have got the two confused? ;):p

I wasn't being entirely serious but you seem to have missed the point. Arcadians are from greece. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    If you don't know the (supposed) background behind Summer Solstice, or just want to get messed up then people should stay away from it imo.

But then saying that, people get pissed up at Christmas... Why not another time?

I used to live in Amesbury then in Netheravon :)

Drove past Stonehenge so many times but it's one of those things I never actually went up to or walked around - mind - I was only likkle!!
    Flipping heck - just googled this out of interest and BBC Pictures gave me these and a few more:

Is it some kind of pagen or religious thing?
    Namaste wrote: »
    If you don't know the (supposed) background behind Summer Solstice, or just want to get messed up then people should stay away from it imo.

But then saying that, people get pissed up at Christmas... Why not another time?

I don't see why. It doesn't offend anybody and is a decent enough excuse for a party.
    Weekender Offender 
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I used to live in Amesbury then in Netheravon :)

I used to go clubbing near Amesbury, Enzo's at the Highpost.
    Weekender Offender 
    I used to go clubbing near Amesbury, Enzo's at the Highpost.

I was 1 when we moved there, and 10 when we moved away so I was only interested in the swimming pool and the sweet shop!!

Still have friends who live in Amesbury though - not seen them for years like.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Flipping heck - just googled this out of interest and BBC Pictures gave me these and a few more:

Is it some kind of pagen or religious thing?

fuck that.

looks like something from The Wicker Man, that stuff scares the life out of me. not for me, altho free party sounds quality.

:no:
    :lol: I thought that - have you seen that wizard man! He looks like somone from a kids party or out of harry potter.

I mean what the fuck does he do during the day? Didn't realise these people existed? (not being nasty to them just genuinly shocked) - and didn't realised they gathered yearly 5 miles from my home (old home)!!!

I showed my mum and she was like yeah - do you not remember walking around Amesbury and all the hippies were out ha I don't remember a thing!!
    Stonehenge summer solstice event 2007 - freak & druids
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zIqw7O1oPgc
    Weekender Offender 
    oyi! stop with the freaks thing! pagans aren't freaks (well the majority of us anyway)

i won't be going to stone henge, but i want to do something considering there won't be a handfasting going on now...:(

might go down to cornwall and watch the sunrise on the beach
    Whats the significance of the sun rising?

Is it some kinda representation??

These people do look very wierd though in the pictures (I cant get the video - something about something this laptop hasnt got installed) - shocked me when I first saw it. I mean a WIZARD a wizard dude - I can't get over it!!!