Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please help me

Look, I'm turning to you lot because the debate in my head isnt working (long story).

I need to know whether Worley Parsons (large mining/oil company) is a decent world player.

Anyone got any dirt?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Decent world player in what regard?
  • Options
    their HQ is right next door to ours but I've no idea how big they are, they can afford to buy our kit though so they must have a few bob kicking about.
  • Options
    It seems the European wing was called Parsons E&C Europe until 2007. Took them over in 2004.
  • Options
    Raytheon Australia and Worley-Parsons announce teaming agreement

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - 30 January 2008: Today Raytheon Australia announced it has teamed with Worley-Parsons to bid for the FFG Integrated Materiel Support Program for the Royal Australian Navy’s Adelaide Class Frigates.

From ...http://www.raytheon.com.au/Default.aspx?x=463
  • Options
    Decent world player in what regard?

Are they a corporate scumbag?
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Are they a corporate scumbag?
    Of course they are ...they don't advertise it though ...just take the fucking job.
  • Options
    3 thoughts

They're a mining/oil company so they're unlikely to be petting fluffy bunnies and adopting orphans, but are they any worse than any of the others?

And if you care is better to be inside the tent making changes or outside staring through the windows?

also it depends what your job with the company is - head of security affairs (aka supression of the natives) isn't the same as head of catering (aka making sure everyone gets there 5 a day)
  • Options
    - head of security affairs )
    Close ...i think he's going to be the guy who sits in the little shed making the gate thing go up and down ...whilst googling.
  • Options
    3 thoughts

They're a mining/oil company so they're unlikely to be petting fluffy bunnies and adopting orphans, but are they any worse than any of the others?

And if you care is better to be inside the tent making changes or outside staring through the windows?

also it depends what your job with the company is - head of security affairs (aka supression of the natives) isn't the same as head of catering (aka making sure everyone gets there 5 a day)

Thanks Flashy, that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks Flashy, that helps.

No prob - glad it helped
  • Options
    No prob - glad it helped

I turned it down in the end. Not an easy choice but the best one for my general opinion of myself.
  • Options
    Lol, my dad actually works with them.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote: »

Well bong doesn't want to be the kind of person your father must be!
  • Options
    Well bong doesn't want to be the kind of person your father must be!
    Yes, I can see that :o
  • Options
    Yes, I can see that :o
    Sad innit.
  • Options
    But not all jobs are suited to everybody - I was in an army officer, I don't think it's an immoral job, but I can see that not everyone would feel happy doing it. Same as I don't think I'd like to be a defence lawyer - it doesn't mean I think defence lawyers are bad people, it's just I'd feel uncomfortable doing it.
  • Options
    I was in an army officer, I don't think it's an immoral job, .
    Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    Sounds like fun.

Literally, imagine that
  • Options
    I would like to be in the queen :crazyeyes
  • Options
    But not all jobs are suited to everybody - I was in an army officer, I don't think it's an immoral job, but I can see that not everyone would feel happy doing it. Same as I don't think I'd like to be a defence lawyer - it doesn't mean I think defence lawyers are bad people, it's just I'd feel uncomfortable doing it.
    Yes, I very much agree. If anything my father is one of the most moral persons I know, the :o was just in joke, I do not feel in the slightest ashamed of my father, if anything it's the total opposite in fact. :)
  • Options

That's his choice, it was a difficult choice for me because they dont seem to be doing the usual mining things of killing the locals and destroying the environment. It was their work in Iraq which decided it for me.
  • Options
    That's his choice, it was a difficult choice for me because they dont seem to be doing the usual mining things of killing the locals and destroying the environment. It was their work in Iraq which decided it for me.

Ecky thump Bong ...shouting at people in the street ...refusing work ...your becoming one of them radicals!
  • Options
    Fair enough :)