Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Threesomes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are peoples views on threesomes in a relationship context?

Comments

• Options
    I think they can work well provided the couple in question are communicate well with each other, are completely open and honest with one another, and they're both interested in taking part rather than one partner talking the other one into it. Establishing ground rules are an absolute must, as is bringing something up that the person isn't happy with (which can be quite difficult).
  • Options
    In a relationship I wouldn't touch one. However single I'm all up for one..but I'd insist on the other 2 people also being single and no one ever having been intimate together before.
  • Options
    the more the better, if the 3rd person is a chick, I say.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I think they can work well provided the couple in question are communicate well with each other, are completely open and honest with one another, and they're both interested in taking part rather than one partner talking the other one into it. Establishing ground rules are an absolute must, as is bringing something up that the person isn't happy with (which can be quite difficult).

What she said.

I've had good times and bad times...
  • Options
    Dunno really .. Wouldn't want to ever plan one. If I was in a relationship I definately wouldn't because I think it's a bit weird and I think it would cause problems. But if I'm single and it just happens naturally after a few drinks or whatever then I wouldn't rule it out.
  • Options
    Dunno really .. Wouldn't want to ever plan one. If I was in a relationship I definately wouldn't because I think it's a bit weird and I think it would cause problems. But if I'm single and it just happens naturally after a few drinks or whatever then I wouldn't rule it out.

I feel the same
  • Options
    I wouldnt in a relationship coz I;d stab my fella if he left me out.
  • Options
    Just need to find me two ladies now!
  • Options
    Not for me. I'd spend my entire time worrying that the woman was comparing me with the other bloke, in several respects...
  • Options
    Ah, SG, that's where self esteem comes in...
  • Options
    never had one but i wouldnt rule it out. think it would have to be 2 girls and a guy tho. for me, being with 2 guys would just be odd for some reason

dont think i would if i was the one in the relationship however.. i think id be the jealous type and get annoyed if he started paying more attention to the other gal instead of me! :p
  • Options
    doesnt appeal to me in the slightest

the thought of being sexual with another women sickens me, and the thought of being with 2 men just doesnt do it for me

i'd rather just watch a man and a woman have sex and not get involved
  • Options
    Blah wrote: »
    doesnt appeal to me in the slightest

the thought of being sexual with another women sickens me,

Guessing lesbian sex doesn't appeal to you then? Bit harsh.
  • Options
    Pjs wrote: »
    Guessing lesbian sex doesn't appeal to you then? Bit harsh.

How is it harsh that it doesnt appeal to me?
  • Options
    You come across as homophobic.
  • Options
    I don't think Blah is coming across as homophobic at all .. If she's straight and the thought of being with another woman sickens her then that's her choice.
  • Options
    Sicken is a bit of a strong word. She could have easily said definitely not for her...
  • Options
    Can't see how what Blah said was homophobic :confused:
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    You come across as homophobic.

I dont see how.

If i had said "the thought of women being sexual with eachother sickens me" then I would come across as homophobic. However I only related the feeling of sickening when it involves myself.
  • Options
    Sicken is a bit of a strong word. She could have easily said definitely not for her...

Well that wouldnt have expressed how strongly I am adverse to being with another women. The thought makes me feel sick inside, therefore it sickens me.
  • Options
    *shrugs* because no-one ever soften what they really think for the impression they give.

You come across as extremely homophobic in my opinion. Obviously you don't care. So nevermind.
  • Options

You come across as extremely homophobic in my opinion. Obviously you don't care. So nevermind.

:yeees:
  • Options

You come across as putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, and as extremely hypersensitive in my opinion, but you obviously dont care

:crying: :crying:
  • Options
    Just guessing its your narrow minded point of view which doesn't need to be viewed. Opinions like that aren't helpful especially the way you put it, whether they are meant to come across negative or not.
  • Options
    how is it homophobic? hmmmm

the thought of me having sex with a guy absolutly disgusts me, i think i'd rather die.

That doesn't mean im homophobic in the slightest
  • Options
    Just guessing its your narrow minded point of view which doesn't need to be viewed. Opinions like that aren't helpful especially the way you put it, whether they are meant to come across negative or not.

Woah, stop making accusations when you have no idea.

I am not narrow minded in the slightest, so just because i would hate to have lesbian sex that makes me homophobic? I hate the thought of eating an onion too, does that make me onionophobic? No, because other people eating their onions is fine by me!

2 other women doing it- fine by me. But if it involved me then yes that thought sickens me, for the record i am NOT homophobic, not that i should have to explain myself to you.

To be honest i think your the one being narrow minded, you obviously can't cope with the fact that quite alot of people would really hate to be with the same sex. You need to open your eyes to the fact that people have different opinions
  • Options

This isn't helpful either. There was nothing homophobic there at all. Give it a rest.

Many people would feel the same about actions with a member of the same sex. Doesn't mean they are homophobic.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    g_angel wrote: »
    This isn't helpful either. There was nothing homophobic there at all. Give it a rest.

Many people would feel the same about actions with a member of the same sex. Doesn't mean they are homophobic.

:yes: agreed.

Getting back on topic...

TheSite.org's article on threesomes gives a pretty balanced view on the matter. :thumb:
  • Options

Get over yourself. She said that the thought of being sexual with another woman sickened her, not that the thought of lesbians sickens her.

If anyone is entitiled to an opinion about how she feels about being in a position then surely it's her and not any of us.

TBH The thought of having another blokes cock in my mouth sickens me, but that's because I'm not homosexual, not because I am homophobic.
  • Options
    I'm Marmiteophobic... :sour: