Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What anime do you watch?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi guys
I've started watching anime about a year ago and i love it. all my friends are into it, we've seen bleach, naruto, one piece, eyeshield 21, ichigo 100%, full metal alchemist and death note (the best). But, lately its come to a stand still, we've recommended an anime to each other for a while but now no1's got a clue or an anime we'd stick with watchin. Can you guys suggest any anime's you've watched.

Yours sincerely
Cruz :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Gundam00 and Gundam Wing.

Code Geass.

Darker than Black

Fate Stay Night

Neon Genesis Evangelion & End of Evangelion

Cowboy Bebop
  • Options
    just studio ghibli really
  • Options
    Can I slightly hijack this thread for some recommendations of some truely outstanding anime films?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Can I slightly hijack this thread for some recommendations of some truely outstanding anime films?

yeh but at the end suggest some anime (episodes) if thats cool
    :p
  • Options
    just studio ghibli really

studio ghibli?
  • Options
    Some selections from my collection:

Mushishi
    Last Exile
    Martian Successor Nadesico
    RahXephon
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Macross Plus
    Macross Zero
    Samurai Champloo

In terms of movies:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
    Akira
    Spirited Away
    Princess Mononoke
    Nausicaa
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    Patlabor
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Millennium Actress
    Metropolis
    Ninja Scroll
    is grave of the fireflies the one that makes everyone cry?
  • Options
    I am currently watching Naruto and Bleach every week when the new episodes come out... I love the suspense, of this "to be continued"-endings.

Come to think of it, it's friday, so let's have a look if they are due.

A friend of mine is a big anime fan and convinced me to watch too. I am a bit more picky, however and have my certain favorites.

What I watched and enjoyed:

Samurai Champloo (outstanding, one of my favs)
    FLCL (outstanding, just 6 episodes, but grabs you by the dick and won't let go.)
    Basilisk (It's pretty good, if you like Edo Era and Samurai/Supernatural anime like I do. Sad Ending however)
    Death Note (very thrilling)
    Ergo Proxy (highly praised, but a bit to "gloomy" and sci-fi for my taste, even tho I loved the artwork)
    Neon Genesis Evanglion (everyone who watches anime is obliged to see that at least once :p)
    School Days (Slice of Life about a boy with first girlfriend who delevops into a huge man-slut, screwing half of the school. Very macabre ending. They'll bring out an alternativ ending. Recommendable)
    Noein (I'm half into it. Highly praised, excellent Artwork, needs a bit to get used however)
    Claymore (good reviews, but didn't strike quite my liking).

Probably a few more I can't remember right now...

I have no idea what strikes your fancy, but I have seen a few and in a case of emergency I have a friend who does nothing but download them 24/7 when he's at work and he knows all the shit, trivia, plots, etc etc.
    What are you looking for?
  • Options
    I only really watch Naruto Shippuden and the odd bleach episode. Not got the same impact because I had to get nosey and read the manga. ETA: I also watch Hokuto No Ken when I get the opportunity.

as for movies, Bunglenutters got all the ones worth watching in his list but a couple I would recommend from personal choice would be Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter D and Spriggan.
  • Options
    Awesome some really good results are comin up! keep em goin

I've got a friend, she always tells me to watch gundam seed, cowboy bebop and samurai shampoo? i think lol.

i'll make sure to check the ones out in the list, my friends will also be watchin this! which ever anime i pick, there will be 11 more fans!

:yippe:
  • Options
    Cowboy bebop!! wooooooooot
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I have no idea what strikes your fancy, but I have seen a few and in a case of emergency I have a friend who does nothing but download them 24/7 when he's at work and he knows all the shit, trivia, plots, etc etc.
    What are you looking for?

I know it's not terribly helpful, but what I want to see is something that's superb. I haven't really seen much. But I'm up for having a look, I don't really go into anything that ends up so extreme (either violence or sex) that there's no story.

There was one where I've forgotten the title, but the story was he was a robot, and had to take his girlfriend from when he was human to a safe city after the apolcalypse or something, but I recognise that was like going into a library and asking about a great book i read once and it might have had a red cover.
  • Options
    Flirt wrote: »
    studio ghibli?

ehh?
  • Options
    There was one where I've forgotten the title, but the story was he was a robot, and had to take his girlfriend from when he was human to a safe city after the apolcalypse or something, but I recognise that was like going into a library and asking about a great book i read once and it might have had a red cover.

That sounds pretty cool.

can you remember anything else?
  • Options
    I know it's not terribly helpful, but what I want to see is something that's superb. I haven't really seen much. But I'm up for having a look, I don't really go into anything that ends up so extreme (either violence or sex) that there's no story.

Do you rather like 'slice of life' ones (just regular day to day, student/school stuff), or rather supernatural stuff (people with 'powers', magic, etc. Comparable to X-Men), futuristic stuff, or more medieval times? Samurai & Ninja Era? Action, Love, Suspense, which Genre?

There are anime with great storyline and artwork of any genre, but it's useless if I recommend you something Samurai related, when you are looking for futuristic stuff like Mechs, Space Travel etc.

/e: Your anime sounds a tad like Ergo Proxy.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5115
  • Options
    I like fantasy stuff more, futuristic, and I like action. But I'll give anything a go. I'm not going to hunt you down if you recommend something I don't like.
  • Options
    oh my favourites are

grave of the fireflies
    howl's moving castle
    lupin III: castle of cagliostro

i didnt really like porco russo
  • Options
    I like fantasy stuff more, futuristic, and I like action. But I'll give anything a go. I'm not going to hunt you down if you recommend something I don't like.

Haven't seen a lot of futuristic ones, but if you are open to more, I'd recommend Samurai Champloo. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2636
    It's really good and I enjoyed it a lot.

Other than that: Death Note
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6592

Keep in mind they always sound very superficial if you read the plot summary. both of them are excellent anime however.

If you have access to it, try to get the original japanese anime with english subtitles. Far better, imho.
  • Options
    Futuristic stuff:
    Any entry in the Ghost in the Shell series is a must (series 1, series 2, movie from the TV series, first movie, sequel)
    Appleseed (2004 version)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion is a must
    Last Exile - futuristic but done with old style technology (steampunk)
    Gunbuster
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but only if you've played the game
    Gundam: Endless Waltz
    Macross Plus is a must
    Macross: Do You Remember Love?
    Patlabor: The Movie
    Cowboy Bebop TV series and movie are both a must

Fantasy:
    Escaflowne is a must
    Samurai Champloo is a must (though more historical than fantasy)
    Vampire Hunter D (fantasy horror)
    Spirited Away
    Howl's Moving Castle
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky...basically all the Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki/Isao Takahata stuff
    Mushishi

There should be enough there to keep you busy.

Didn't want to recomment Neon Genesis Evangelion, cuz I'd like to think it's something for the more 'advanced' watchers. If I started out with that, I'm not sure if I really took a liking to anime.

Seems like I'm the only one who dislikes Ghost in a Shell -.-

Last Exile sounds good, I love steam punk.
    agree with samurai champloo... is a must see.
  • Options
    Claymore
    Devil May Cry
    Beserk
  • Options
    my favourite anime is cyborg kuro chan
    the only problem i have with watching the anime is that its impossible to find any subbed episodes