Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What sells well on Ebay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've done some reasearch but am still a bit unsure.

Anybody have any tips/ advice?

I really need a clearout :(

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What sells well? Rare or hard to find things.
    Tips? Not that im an expert on ebay selling (far from it) but..
    The title line is all people will see when your listing comes up so try to make it stand out as much as possible.
    Take some good clear photos and rather than pay ebay to upload them, upload them to your own (free) host then add them into the html.
    If theres anything unique about your item, make it known and sell it through that! (e.g limited edition/out of print/1st edition/autographed etc)

Also, ive never used it personally but i've been told amazon marketplace is good for selling unwanted items as well, just remember to write that you reserve the right to sell elsewhere if you're listing in more than one place
    Gothic/weird stuff - I sold lots of old stuff and it goes well. And also I sold a Willow Tree figuring and that was really popular. I just sold a fancy dress outfit for £40!
    Brand name jeans. Always get around $20 for a pair!

Shirts never sell :(
    My sperm :thumb:
    My sperm :thumb:

**Wonders what you have been sticking your envelopes down with** :D
    anything from boden, monsoon and thomas the tank engine stuff :yes:

sure youve got plenty of that
    I've found that anything with 'vintage' attached to it sells well.
    I once sold a pair of New Rock boots for more than I paid for...
    icey wrote: »
    Also, ive never used it personally but i've been told amazon marketplace is good for selling unwanted items as well, just remember to write that you reserve the right to sell elsewhere if you're listing in more than one place

Yeah, I've used Amazon Marketplace, it was very easy to list books on here so it went well.
    Collectables

I found collectables, shoes, plus size clothing, childrens clothes, vintage jewellery all sell well but Ebay appears to be quieter at the moment, you would sell better in the run up to Christmas
    I've found that anything with 'vintage' attached to it sells well.
    I once sold a pair of New Rock boots for more than I paid for...

Really? I've got some up now and I only wore them once. They're only a basic model though so I don't think I'll get much.
    Hi, I have sold a fair bit on ebay from goth clothes, punk trousers. Limited edition perfume. Books. Autographed pictures and CD's. I have sold a few bits of the above for charity so done there too. I think having charity listings helps make the rest of the items visible so they sell too.
    Just do your best to describe what you are selling as well and clearly as possible and place pictures with everything. If you are selling clothes add the actual measurements, as the label size doesn't mean a thing. A size 8 can be a 26 waist or a 30 waist depending where it was bought.

Good luck

Pixi
    One of the worst things ive seen people do on ebay when selling clothes is "NEED TO SELL BECAUSE IVE LOST SOOOOOOOO MUCH WEIGHT :D:D:D"
    I mean how fat is the person going to buy them going to feel? It would put me off!
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Really? I've got some up now and I only wore them once. They're only a basic model though so I don't think I'll get much.

Oh yeah? I could do with a new bargain pair of new rocks, what style and size are they?