Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not loseing weight :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 5'6 and weight 9st 5, i'd like to get back to 8st 7 or even 8st 10 between those weights. I've started doing more exercise and cut down my calorie intake, i'm probably taking in about 1,100 calories and all im eating in my diet is fish, ryvita, cornflakes, activia youghurts, fruit and veg i'm trying to od it just for a week or two. Why is the weight not shifting?

Comments

• Options
    Why is the weight not shifting?
    #

Probably because of this:
    cut down my calorie intake, i'm probably taking in about 1,100 calories and all im eating in my diet is fish, ryvita, cornflakes, activia youghurts, fruit and veg

Is a particular 'weight' really important to you? Scales are notoriously bad at telling you what's going on in your body - think about it, it includes fat, muscle, ligaments, bone, blood, organs, skin, lymph etc. There's about 1 on that list that you can afford to lose, and the scale isn't going to tell you if that's the one.
  • Options
    How long have you been doing this for? When did you start exercising/eating healthily?
  • Options
    you may not have shifted any weight when it comes to the scales - but have u noticed any changes in your body regardless??

i know when i was on my diet id go weeks when i ddint lose weight - but when i got the measuring tape out and actually measured - id in fact lost up to an inch - sometimes more depending.
    as well, my mum has been dieting for about 3 months now and in those 3 months she's still sticking around the 10 stone mark - but she looks markedly different in shape now to when she started.

im betting its the same with u :P :)