Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

UK Youth Parliament

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
On 31st March voting will begin on deciding the UK Youth Parliament’s three national campaigns, and they are looking for young people to help decide what the campaigns are going to be.

Any young person aged 11-18 can take part just register on their website http://www.ukyouthparliament.org.uk/forums/register.php and chose from up to 14 different campaign ideas including:
  • Reducing the voting age to 16
  • Cheaper fares on buses and trains for young people
  • Improving sex and relationships education in schools
  • Abolishing university tuition fees
  • Reducing the UK’s carbon footprint
  • Ensuring students receive non-means-tested Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)
  • Having one single age when young people are deemed an adult

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was a member of the original Scottish Youth Parliament for my huge constituency :yes:

/pointless post
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Always been something I wanted to do but not now, too much on going round in me head!

I would however say they should be focusing on:
    - cheaper bus fares (cos I dont drive :razz:) or even better buses that turn up, on time
    - Non Means tested EMA (because its drove me crazy for 2 years)
    and oooh let me choose
    - Having one single age for being an adult with none of this at 16 you can do this but at 14 you can have one drink if your eating some certain shitty meal but you can't have bum sex in ireland until your 42. It's stupid. Make it all 16. Or 17. Or 18. Just one age.

Mmmm I could be on this panel thing!!