Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how long

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long have people had to wait to hear back about voluntering? i applied for a few in jan and got some standard forms to fill in and send back which i did, but since then nothing more!

what are your experiences?

Comments

• Options
    i once applied for mentoring, and it took them bout 4 months to get back in touch. by the time they did, i had too much on at uni and had to drop out of the mentoring thing and i've applied for something else now, and their taking their time as well. It must depend on the organisation. :)
  • Options
    FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Hi, if you ever apply to positon through www.do-it.org.uk and don't hear back please let us know then we can contact the organisation who posted the opportunity about this. Thanks
  • Options
    it didnot take long for youthnet to answer to me...i applied one fine day and within a week there was a phone call....yeah i think it depends on where you are volunteering and how big the organisation is...maybe u applied to some real big organisation so they haven't had time to reply u.... but since u applied about 3 months ago...i don't know why its taking them so long...its not like we are applying for a job...we want to volunteer and they are taking so long.....a thing to look at really...
  • Options
    i heard back quite fast from all the roles ive taken up.

fire them an email/letter, asking if there anything else the need and if everything's ok.

;)
  • Options
    Quite quickly actually. I usually have more trouble when I apply for a 'real' job.:banghead:
  • Options
    I've had some organisations take a veeeery long time to get back to me, and yep, by the time they do, I have other things going on, or if they don't have a good excuse, have lost patience with them. Sounds harsh, but sometimes it can be an indicator of how serious they are about their volunteers. Also, it really isn't difficult to send an email saying they're busy/having difficuly etc.

That said, some organisations do have volunteers managing the whole recruitment of volunteers etc, so that can understandably be difficult for them. Also, I've had my applications etc carried over to an organisations next volunteer recruitment drive, but I've not always been told that's the case.

So yes, mixed experience. Some organisations are great! And what is it with the looooong application forms?!