Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Id

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So I turn 18 in two days, and only ID I have to go out with is provisional, is that accepted in clubs?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    hmm not all clubs do im afraid.

luckily i had my full license when i turned 18 so i didnt have a problem - but i know a couple of mates did and they had problems.
    completely depends on the club and their regulations tho.
    u not got ur passport handy so u can use that?? i always feel a bit paranoid when i take my passport out with me, but way more reliable when it comes to getting in than drivers lisence
  • Options
    ahhh i dont have a passport.
  • Options
    I've heard that provisionals arent much use to getting in. Think theyre ok round where I live but I've got a full one so Im not too sure.

I hate taking my passport out after leaving my drivers lisence in a taxi (luckily got itback) and my friend lost my old drivers lisence. I'm forgetfull sobre so with a drink chances of leaving it somewhere are high.
  • Options
    I've never had a problem with taking my provisional licence with me.
  • Options
    i never knew there was a problem with provisional licences.....i used mine all the time, never had a problem.
  • Options
    Yeah I've been using my Provisional for ages and it's never been declined
  • Options
    I still need to use my provisional. :grump: I'm going to be bloody 25 soon! Roll on 30, where everyone'll think I look 23! :D
  • Options
    Iuse my provisional and it's never not been accepted. I take it out with me all the time, I get Id everywhere :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Seem's to vary from place to place. Most pubs and clubs round my way wont take provisionals anymore.
    Its mainly the big chain places.
  • Options
    I don't see why I can't use it, it's an official governent ID card, with my picture and D.O.B
  • Options
    I've got to send my driving license back to the DVLA for medical reasons, I've not driven for years anyway so the only time I use it is as ID. But it is very convienient to have a small card that I could carry all the time in my purse, now if I know I'll need ID I'll have to take my passport but sometimes you end up needing ID in unexpected situations (like joining a new video shop or library without planning it in advanced for example).
  • Options
    i think the only reason why some places dont accept them is because they are easier to forge than say a passport or full driving license. however, if my provisional was rejected i wouldnt be a happy bunny i tell ya!

Its not that they are easier to forge, its that they don't verify your age. So someone who is 17 could apply for a provisional and lie about there DOB saying they are actually 18.

When applying for a full licence they do proper checks.
  • Options
    so i can just send in an application for my provisional with just the proof of my theory test and i will automatically receive my license?or whats the story?
    because on the transport website it states that you need a birth certificate
  • Options
    You need your birth certificate to prove who you are and that you are old enough to dive. I sent my passport off to get my provisonal but that been issued my a government deaprtment and they can cross check the records.