Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ID and clubs in London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I won't be 18 until August, and all my mates will be 18 very soon or are already 18 so was wondering...
Does anyone know any clubs in London that don't ID/don't look too closely at fake ones?
Does anyone know where I can get a decent fake?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    As I'm sure anyone on here will tell you, getting a fake is pointless. Most clubs these days only accept driving licences or passports as ID so unless you're planning to forge either of those, it isn't worth it, other fakes can be spotted from a mile off.

All the big clubs in London ask pretty much anyone and everyone who looks under 25 for ID from my experience, my boyfriend and other friends are 27-28 and they still like them to have it. Your best bet would be just to try places on the night but if there is a big group of you and the majority haven't got any ID at all or have only just turned 18 then it is going to look suspicious. If there are only 3 of you for example and two have ID you might have more chance of getting in, but again it just depends.
  • Options
    I can't comment too much on London, but I know there are plenty of bars that only put bouncers on after a certain time, so if you get there early you might get away with it.

Fake ID is likely a waste of money.
  • Options
    Don't try it mate. Just wait til you're 18 - as frustrating as it is.

The only club I've been into that didn't check ID was at a Hardcore rave (ironically on my 18th birthday) at a smaller club in London. I remember being pissed off cos I was so happy that I could finally go raving. lol
  • Options
    What about ID's that are legit here but don't use them in England? I had trouble when I went down South here using my voting card, said it was a fake and shit. Don't have a driving licence or passport so that's me screwed really.
  • Options
    something my mate did a while ago, she wore a "19 today" badge , all of us were 18 and had id so she just got away with it.

probably not the most helpful advice in the world :D
  • Options
    Just sneak in, that way you don't have to show ID nor do ya have to pay :D
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Just sneak in, that way you don't have to show ID nor do ya have to pay :D

heh its more doable these days with the smoking ban, cuz a lot of clubs have coordined off outdoor smoking parts, ive saved myself over 20 quid a few times bouncin over the fence when no bouncers are lookin then walkin in past teh wee hand-stampy-checky-person when hes distracted

also been caught doing it and not allowed in the rest of the night!!

:D
  • Options
    In my experience in my younger days, clubs and bars in London were always a hell of a lot easier to get into without ID than ones elsewhere...
  • Options
    Going back a few years (I'm 20 now) I remember London always seemed very lax when we were underage, far easier than Wycombe - which is just outside London where I grew up.... Although, I remember even in Wycombe having a fake ID that worked. But it's changed so much, I get ID'd more now than I did when I was 17. And I don't look especially young but once or twice I, or friends haven't been let in places if forgot to bring ID - usually in a group where everyone else is 18+ it's OK but really not guaranteed...

Hmm best chance might be to book a meal at a club that does food then you're pretty certain to get in after.. but nothing's certain really. If you've got a friend/bro/sis/etc who you look a bit like who is 18+ use their ID... make sure there's a decent resemblance though or you could get their driving license confiscated!
  • Options
    i get id'd more now than i did when i was 16 - infact i never got id'd when i was younger..
    i dont think getting a fake is a good idea.. but borrowing a legit one off a friend that looks like you who is over 18 may work??
    i have friends who do this and it works ..
    not that i think its a good idea as if they suspect its not you i dont think they will let you in
  • Options
    probably depends more on how you're dressed and how good looking you are

some clubs will always check though to be fair