Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cannabis Tolerance?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a quick question, if two people smoke cannabis, one has never smoked it and the other has smoked it but only a little and at least 2/3 years ago, (I know personal tolerances are always different) but will their tolerances be hugely different?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Just a quick question, if two people smoke cannabis, one has never smoked it and the other has smoked it but only a little and at least 2/3 years ago, (I know personal tolerances are always different) but will their tolerances be hugely different?

Thanks
    I wish i could answer that. I have smoked this stuff for forty years ...and never managed to build up a tolerance to it. I can still get paranoid ...have a whitey ...get the giggles ...go all mystical ...not leave the couch for four hours. But in answer to your question ...the one who has never smoked it might not get anything at all the first time ...zero ...zilch ...wonder what all the fuss is about ...the one who has ...well ...anything can happen can't it.
    I'm just about to test my own tolerance ...it's a regular scientific experiment i carry out in the interests of the war.
  • Options
    There does seem to be a tolerance of sorts with cannabis, though its probably not a physical tolerance than the body and mind getting used to the experience.

To answer your question, yes people have differing reactions to drugs of all sorts.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    There does seem to be a tolerance of sorts
    Difficult innit.
  • Options
    No ...still no tolerance.
  • Options
    No ...still no tolerance.

:lol:

as for tolerance i think with regards to pulling a whitey the more experinced smoker will not have a whitey as quick because its all about thinkin your way out of having one...if you think you might whitey....you will
  • Options
    By the way ...hello sussex by the sea.
  • Options
    I got stoned my first time smoking it.
  • Options
    Do let us know how you got on Susex.
  • Options
    defo felt ya can build up a tolerance to the stuff, theres was a point a couple of years ago where it didnt matter how much i smoked i could only get margainlly stoned off it, but that was from real heavy smoking

i think when you take a good big break and go back to it its different .. i smoked it for years and years solid without stopping and then stopped for the best part of a year, now that i only smoke occasionally i have little to no tolerance and can get more stoned off one joint now than i could have of 10 bongs a while back

the tolerance seems a little strange tho :chin: ive got a feeling this time round the tolerance wont build up the same way .. but then the buzz i get off it nowadays is far different than before, it scares me more now so i respect it more lol
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    defo felt ya can build up a tolerance to the stuff, theres was a point a couple of years ago where it didnt matter how much i smoked i could only get margainlly stoned off it, but that was from real heavy smoking

i think when you take a good big break and go back to it its different .. i smoked it for years and years solid without stopping and then stopped for the best part of a year, now that i only smoke occasionally i have little to no tolerance and can get more stoned off one joint now than i could have of 10 bongs a while back

the tolerance seems a little strange tho :chin: ive got a feeling this time round the tolerance wont build up the same way .. but then the buzz i get off it nowadays is far different than before, it scares me more now so i respect it more lol

That's the e's. :eek2:
  • Options
    Science: Tolerance to THC effects
    American scientists investigated differences between THC effects in 30 regular users of cannabis and 22 non-users. All participants received 0, 2.5 and 5 mg intravenous THC on three different days. Relative to non-users, frequent users showed tolerance to the psychotomimetic, perceptual altering, cognitive impairing, and anxiogenic effects of THC but not to its euphoric effects. (Source: D'Souza DC, et al. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jan 9 [Electronic publication ahead of print])
  • Options
    i still get high as a kite, and i smoke often. the mind is a powerful thing, if you really think you're not going to feel it... you probably won't as much as you would if you expected to get really high. like i smoked a few bowls, and then this cop came and talked to me and my friends. haha. i had to think i wasn't high so that i could talk normally. but, once he was gone i let go and felt really high. it's like the first time i tried shroom, my mind didn't know what to expect so it took me two hours to feel it. my friends kept saying "let go" and i finally did. it was awesome!
  • Options
    ...the one who has never smoked it might not get anything at all the first time ...zero ...zilch ...wonder what all the fuss is about ...

I found that the first time i smoked it, and the second, the first time i assumed it was because i really already pretty pissed.. i dont know about the second, but since i've found it's had more effect on me. About the same everytime. Potency of must have alot to do with it too?
  • Options
    z- wrote: »

I agree. I smoked dope every day for around 4-5 years, got the stage where I could get monged out but was no longer able to reach wonderland and then gave up for several months...when i started again, the magic was back.
  • Options
    I wish i could answer that. I have smoked this stuff for forty years ...and never managed to build up a tolerance to it. I can still get paranoid ...have a whitey ...get the giggles ...go all mystical ...not leave the couch for four hours. But in answer to your question ...the one who has never smoked it might not get anything at all the first time ...zero ...zilch ...wonder what all the fuss is about ...the one who has ...well ...anything can happen can't it.
    I'm just about to test my own tolerance ...it's a regular scientific experiment i carry out in the interests of the war.

Shit, that must be excellent never building up tolerance, if I want a mystical trip I need to give up for at least a week
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    I agree. I smoked dope every day for around 4-5 years, got the stage where I could get monged out but was no longer able to reach wonderland and then gave up for several months...when i started again, the magic was back.

do you get any negative effects after stopping? i can easily get anxious and start worrying about nothing if im not doing something to occupy my mind (playing a game or something) .. this is gettin properly stoned tho im fine after a couple of joints