Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what scottish team do you hate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
k just outta curiosity im asking all scottish football fans to vote for what team they hate the most?i would say hate is a strong word to use but when we are talking abouts rangers supporters its not really,anyways ill start off with the obvious i support celtic so i hate the huns.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    k just outta curiosity im asking all scottish football fans to vote for what team they hate the most?i would say hate is a strong word to use but when we are talking abouts rangers supporters its not really,anyways ill start off with the obvious i support celtic so i hate the huns.
    :rolleyes:

Wow, this is a *really* smart topic, eh?

Way to keep social prejudices going... :yeees:
  • Options
    New Labour...oh you meant football :p
  • Options
    Rangers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE-iBCvWEuA

Celtic - Best fans in the world my backside, only ever interested if it's Rangers/Barca/Milan they're playing.

Hearts - Fans are beyond deluded, team full of cheating Lithuanians
  • Options
    Aberdeen as my Dad told me they had urinals underneath TV screens showing Ian Durant (sp?) when his leg was broken by one of the Dons players and put out for three years so it would be the equivalent of them 'pissing on his pain' or something which is just fucking awful.

Not to say I condone with how they portray them as a team either, they're just as bad but that one with the Dons truely did take the biscuit. My Dad's an avid Gers fan and he sees (or tediously ignores) past all the bigotry and 'sash' songs as his Dad (my Granpa) was a fan and took him to all his games before he died so it's more of a sentimental support than anything.
  • Options
    Two seperate stories mixed up there.

We did have footage of Rangers in the urinals of the Paramount Bar in Aberdeen, but at no stage was it of Durrant snapping his knee. Rangers fans being Rangers fans destroyed the bar.

Rejoicing in the deaths of Catholics is far worse.

Durrant has made plenty of money out of it, before every Aberdeen v Rangers game his face is in the papers moaning about it. He continued to play for Rangers after the injury. I don't condone the chants we sing about Simmy fucking his knee, however Rangers fans provoke this by chanting his name during our visits to Ibrox, then try and take the moral high ground when we respond.

Perhaps if a Rangers player didn't stamp on John McMasters throat and the official Rangers Matchday programme didn't refer to Aberdeen fans as scum then things might have calmed down a bit.
  • Options
    I've got a category C half-season ticket at Hearts so I get to go to alot of games outside Old Firm and Hibs. Gotta say, the fans of the small clubs who visit are a bit shit. If a couple of hundred of them actually manage to turn up (which isn't guaranteed), then you think they'd actually have some decent chants and make some atmosphere. Hearts fans probably aren't much better away from home I suppose.

I did manage to get tickets for some of the Old Firm games against Hearts. I don't like the Old Firm teams, and at least their fans actually turn up, sing throughout, and make an atmosphere. I wasn't impressed with Rangers fans singing 'Swing low, sweet chariot' though. It's already ridiculous enough that they sing 'God Save The Queen' but to also sing a purely ENGLISH song defies belief. They probably only do it to get a rise though.

Anyway, to answer the question, I don't like Hibs. ;)
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    the fans of the small clubs who visit are a bit shit.

Us not included I hope, the game last season where Barry Nicholson scored in the last minute was absolute bedlam in the away end!
  • Options
    Hatred of Rangers was drilled into me as a youth.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

Celtic - Best fans in the world my backside, only ever interested if it's Rangers/Barca/Milan they're playing.

lol i think 56,000 celtic fans every home game would disagree with you.
  • Options
    Us not included I hope, the game last season where Barry Nicholson scored in the last minute was absolute bedlam in the away end!

I wasn't at that game, but that's the thing, it seems alot of away fans only pipe up once they've scored! Means the atmosphere for the rest of the game is a bit shit!
  • Options
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    lol i think 56,000 celtic fans every home game would disagree with you.

Must have been 26,000 invisible men there on Tuesday night then!

The only time there's every any noise is if its the Old Firm or a big European game, the rest of the time it's like a library. Granted Pittodrie isn't exactly a wall of sound, but then we don't tell people we're the greatest fans in the world :razz:
  • Options
    I went to see Celtic against Kilmarnock a few years back and the atmosphere was great. :)
  • Options
    Why don't you just start a thread entitled does anybody else hate Rangers?
  • Options
    I'm just waiting for one particular poster to turn up and start spouting racist filth about Irish Catholics like he does on most threads about Scottish football.

I hate Rangers and everything they stand for. I'd rather see Celtic win the title than them, but if the Old Firm go bust it would be a great day for Scottish fitba.

I always had a soft spot for Queen of the South, just because they have a mint name. Or Queen's Park, still an amateur side and still playing at Hampden in front of 350 fans. That must take some guts. And Alloa take pride of place in my Subbutteo collection.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for one particular poster to turn up and start spouting racist filth about Irish Catholics like he does on most threads about Scottish football.

I hate Rangers and everything they stand for. I'd rather see Celtic win the title than them, but if the Old Firm go bust it would be a great day for Scottish fitba.

Your catholic schooling shows, Kermit. Bigotted scumbag.

Personally, I hate Celtic and Aberdeen the most. Celtic, because they play the victim card at every opportunity, covered up child abuse within their boys club, have employed a convicted IRA terrorist to produce a banner, use their PR department to manipulate the media and withdraw advertisements from publications when they excercise their right to a free press, held a club function in a bar with well-known IRA links....I could go on.

Aberdeen, because of their bestiality. Baaaah
  • Options
    I have been raised to dislike Celtic. My protestant grandmother would not and still would not allow green and white stripes in her house.

True blue me :) Rangers!!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Aberdeen, because of their bestiality. Baaaah

C'mon mate you can do better than that, at least do what YouCrazyDiamond does and accuse us of ruining Iain Durrant's life and eating Protestant babies! :razz:

Glad we're in the Top 6 for the split though, slightly gutted we've got you at home as the last game of the season the week before the cup final (should we both make it there).

Fingers crossed that a win there would stop the vermin winning the league, then we can beat you in the cup final a week later - truly the stuff dreams are made of ;)
  • Options
    Partick Thistle

cunts!
  • Options
    C'mon mate you can do better than that, at least do what YouCrazyDiamond does and accuse us of ruining Iain Durrant's life and eating Protestant babies! :razz:

But most Aberdeen fans are from Protestant backgrounds? :confused:

I'm not overly bothered about Aberdeen. I just enjoy the abuse at the games :yes:
    Glad we're in the Top 6 for the split though, slightly gutted we've got you at home as the last game of the season the week before the cup final (should we both make it there).

Fingers crossed that a win there would stop the vermin winning the league, then we can beat you in the cup final a week later - truly the stuff dreams are made of ;)

I'll blame fatigue if that happens....though as you say...you are dreaming :thumb:
  • Options
    But most Aberdeen fans are from Protestant backgrounds? :confused:

Religion has no relevance whatsover to supporting Aberdeen, other than if it's the case that the majority of Aberdonians are Protestant?
  • Options
    Berwick-Upon-Tweed. had them in an accumaltor last seasons and cost me hundreds. booo
  • Options

Religion has no relevance whatsover to supporting Aberdeen, other than if it's the case that the majority of Aberdonians are Protestant?

Exactly. And I was right - you were dreaming! :D
  • Options
    Exactly. And I was right - you were dreaming! :D

:(

Jumped for joy when Celtic scored the winner tonight though, gonna love the gritted teeth that your mob will be supporting us through on Saturday :D
  • Options
    :(

Jumped for joy when Celtic scored the winner tonight though, gonna love the gritted teeth that your mob will be supporting us through on Saturday :D

Beauty of a goal though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7351743.stm
  • Options

Religion should have no relevance in supporting a football team. Its wierd reading posts about sectarianism in Scotland when it means sweet FA down here. I have no idea what denomination my football mates are from and have never thought to ask.

Sectarianism = Load of bollocks if you ask me :yes:
  • Options
    lol some thread this is

was bound to stir a bit of trouble!
This discussion has been closed.