Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Britain's Shame

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... is our treatment of the Gurkhas

Clicky

Does anyone here agree with the Govts stance...?

Comments

• Options
    It is indeed a disgrace. Talk about kicking someone in the teeth.

Not a great recruiting move for future soldiers either.

It's a fucking joke, really... :no:
  • Options
    Certainly is disgraceful and dishonourable, as is the Govt's abandonment of former Iraqi interpreters, and its failure to properly equip British soldiers in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    Runnymede wrote: »
    Certainly is disgraceful and dishonourable, as is the Govt's abandonment of former Iraqi interpreters, and its failure to properly equip British soldiers in Afghanistan.
    Yeah ...just like the tories before them.
  • Options
    Hazel Blears is a cunt, Red Gordon is a cunt, and what's new?

It's very very easy to change the rules but that would mean paying out a bit of money to them. And if they do that, how will the MPs afford their John Lewis kitchens?
  • Options
    Why is it this government is totally happy to throw stupid sums of money at some things, but in others seems bafflingly petty. This would in real terms cost the country absolutely nothing - they should all get a decent pension and the right to stay.
  • Options
    Hardly a suprise - after all this comes from a Government where the SoS MoD is only p/t. And has an immigration policy which means we can't deport an violent Italian who beats up OAPs,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/19/ndeport119.xml

but can deport the wife of a British soldier...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7271728.stm

and don't get me started on Geoff Hoon...

(Though to be fair to the Government, through gritted teeth, it's also because Nepal heavily relies on Gurkha's returning home with an army pension - they're pretty rich there even on the Gurkha salary and if they were topped up to the UK salary it would totally distort the economy)
  • Options
    Yeah ...just like the tories before them.

oh, did they really? Sorry I didn't know, that makes it alright then.
  • Options
    Its a fucking disgrace. Simple as that.
  • Options
    oh, did they really? Sorry I didn't know, that makes it alright then.
    No it doesn't make it alright but ...your always spouting shite about whats going on ...and offering your tory remedies without checking out the tory damage we have had to suffer.
    To be honest ...i just hate young tory messenger boys who spout the kind of crap you do.
    To be even more honest ...i just don't like you.
  • Options
    To be even more honest ...i just don't like you.

It'll be hard, but I'll just have to live with that fact, somehow...

Though I should say that my views are not necessarily those of the Conservative Party.
  • Options

Though I should say that my views are not necessarily those of the Conservative Party.

See i've started liking you now cos you didn't throw a mardy arse strop like some ...
  • Options
    No it doesn't make it alright but ...your always spouting shite about whats going on

rofl.
    ..and offering your tory remedies without checking out the tory damage we have had to suffer.

the world going to end right? eh? and yer remedies are going to make it all right yeah?

lay off the fucking orange juice.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    rofl.

the world going to end right? eh? and yer remedies are going to make it all right yeah?

lay off the fucking orange juice.
    Thing is ...i aint come with any remidies in this forum.
  • Options
    ORLY

ok then i'll delay growing the carrots till financial meltdown 2015©
  • Options
    ORLY

Me thinks your missing the point ...and i have never spouted end of the world stuff.
  • Options
    ORLY

Let me make it real simple for you ...the thread about planting things ...wild flowers especialy ...was about putting something back ...each one of us. It gives the insects a chance ...insects that are vital for your well being. You might be to dumb to see that we are all taking and putting nowt back. You might be to dumb to realise that planting stuff ...especialy wild flowers ...might just be healthy. Your obviously dumb enough to think it has something to do with the end of the world.
    Can you be bright enough i wonder ...to understand the concept of individuals putting a little back?
    And for those of you who are wondering what the hell this rant is all about ...it's this ...http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=125976
  • Options
    no. i like plants, green things and especially bumblebees. i dont see as many birds as i used to since i moved to a more urban part of where i live; in fact i find it quite disappointing.

however i will not be panic growing veg because china is going to kill us all in the face...
  • Options
    no. i like plants, green things and especially bumblebees. i dont see as many birds as i used to since i moved to a more urban part of where i live; in fact i find it quite disappointing.

however i will not be panic growing veg because china is going to kill us all in the face...
    That is nothing like what i was talking about. Every year that i have been on this site ...come spring i make a post about people growing things. This year ...it's about planting anything at all ...especialy wild flowers ...to get people into thinking about putting something back into the ground they are taking so much out of ...carrots ...trees ...wild flowers ...why do you have a problem with that?
  • Options
    Anybody who serves in the British forces should be given automatic citizenship. End of.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Anybody who serves in the British forces should be given automatic citizenship. End of.

Completely agree. Illegal and criminal immigrants seem to have more rights to stay in this country than those non-residents who have put their lives on the line for us.
  • Options

I've worked out why you were so irritating ...it wasn't you it was that bloody av! I could hear D cameron everytime you wrote anything ...it was as if HE ...had joined the boards. Thank god he's left.
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options
    Sad but nothing new. This country has always shown a lack of care towards foreign soldiers (ie Empire & Commonwealth) within its ranks when they stop being useful. In past times often while they were still serving also.
  • Options

Someone stab me with a pencil; I agree with Whowhere.
  • Options

:yes: I'm assuming most ex-gurkas would want to stay in Nepal but if they want to come over here to work or (as in some cases highlighted in the media) because they would get much better health care for their injuries suffered due to them serving I dont see any problem with it.
  • Options
    NEWSFLASH:The British Government are cunts.

Next:Water is essential for life.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Maybe if the Ghurkas remained native to their home country they should recieve a pension relative to one here based on their home countries average national wage - Otherwise this would be an unffair advantage for them over their countrymen - This might be like our boys getting a hundred grand a year pension when everyone else only gets 20,000 or whatever the rate is.

And yet if a British soldier served in the armed forces, earned a pension, and then just happened to choose to go and live in Nepal, he would still get the full amount. If I happen to earn a lot of money working in the UK, then it's my choice if I want to live in a country where that money will go further. Pensions should be linked to the job you did, not where you happen to live. You'd think it would be considered a good thing that a number of Nepalese ghurkas would then have the money to pay for healthcare for their families, a university education for their children, or the development of the country.
  • Options
    I think anyone who will fight for our country should be given the right to live here.
  • Options
    yep we let all in saundry into the country give them money (ok called benefits) give them houses and all and they have never done a thing to merit being here, but a group of dedicaed people fight for us heart and sole and then we tell them to fuck off.