Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heather Mills wins £24.3m divorce settlement

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    Let them have their bitter spat in private and save the money for their daughter's therapy bills when she's older.

Rolly, you'll be buying Hello! and talking about Sienna Miller's haircut next :thumb:
    I like the first sentence ...the second ...is fucking scary ...i could end up growing a pony tail and having my ear pierced and buying a high powered motorbike and ...no no no ...it's all just a bad dream ...
  • Options
    Whereas he only offering 24m from a pot of 300 makes him...?

He's offered her more than she deserves. Just because he's rich doesn't mean he has to give his ex all the money, not when you consider he earnt most of it whilst she was a toddler.

And she's complaining as if Beatrice is going to be left out somehow, who knows how much money she will recieve from her dad in gifts e.t.c. and she'll be entitled to a third of his wealth when he dies anyway.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    He's offered her more than she deserves.

:confused:

After the marriage there is no his and hers money. It's all "theirs". By that token she is entitled deserves a damned iste more than 10% of their joint account.

It matters not when it was earned really. Just as it doesn't matter that she comes across and a gold digging bunny boiler.
    she'll be entitled to a third of his wealth when he dies anyway.

That depends on his will ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    It seems here that people are judging the outcome of a legal case on the basis of which person they like best.

I don't like either of them. I couldn't care less who got what and who came off best as long as the kids alright - which she will be.

The amount of 24.3 million is peanuts compared to what he's got, but then you could hardly say she's shit out either.
    24 million will see her and her kid comfortable for life. Somebody who likes to champion themselves as a charity crusader would do well to recognise that.

Either way there both twats.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Lennon and Mcartney were the most sucsessful popular music creators of the twentieth century ...without each other it was a diffent story ...but i think Mcartney lost out quickest in the talent stakes. Without Lennon there was no rock and roll in him.
    What?
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    The amount of 24.3 million is peanuts compared to what he's got, but then you could hardly say she's shit out either.
    24 million will see her and her kid comfortable for life. Somebody who likes to champion themselves as a charity crusader would do well to recognise that.

No, she hasn't shit out in comparison to the likes of you and I. However, the legal precednce (unless I am mistaken) goes along the lines of "lifestyle to which you have become accustomed". Not what you started with... and not compared to average joe in the streets.

By the judges own reckoning McC is worth over £300m. So to award less than 10% is paultry really.

Hey-ho though, not my life.
    Either way there both twats.

Indeed. My pennyworth has them as gold digging bunny boiler and spaced out hippy...
  • Options
    No, she hasn't shit out in comparison to the likes of you and I. However, the legal precednce (unless I am mistaken) goes along the lines of "lifestyle to which you have become accustomed". Not what you started with... and not compared to average joe in the streets.

For sure.

You think 24 million will mean she's going to have to change her life style much? I don't.

A lot people hate her because they love him, I don't. I've never liked him, he's always come across as a bit of a tit.
    She pisses me off because she's a complete media whore. She's not intrested in charity, she's intrested in fame and money.

Saying all that I couldn't have cared less if she got none, or she took it all from him. As long as the kids seen alright.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    For sure.

You think 24 million will mean she's going to have to change her life style much? I don't.

A lot people hate her because they love him, I don't. I've never liked him, he's always come across as a bit of a tit.
    She pisses me off because she's a complete media whore. She's not intrested in charity, she's intrested in fame and money.

Saying all that I couldn't have cared less if she got none, or she took it all from him. As long as the kids seen alright.

the judge said he had seen no evidence she gave anywhere near the amount she said she did to charity
  • Options
    I hope neither of em dies before the weeks out or this thread will go on for months!
  • Options
    I hope neither of em dies before the weeks out or this thread will go on for months!
    It probably will regardless.

It has to be said, even if the woman is seen as a golddigger the amount of vitriol towards her and general attention towards the case is completely disproportionate. Is it because he's a Beatle, perhaps? :confused:
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    the judge said he had seen no evidence she gave anywhere near the amount she said she did to charity
    Like most of what Heather says, it's about a million miles away from the reality.
    And yes Aladdin, the fact he's a Beatle is partly why we're all paying attention to the gold-digger in question.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    And yes Aladdin, the fact he's a Beatle is partly why we're all paying attention to the gold-digger in question.

That's not what he said. Most hate her because they love him, simply because he's a Beatle.

Where as personally I like neither of them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Most hate her because they love him, simply because he's a Beatle.

Thats only partly true. I grew up with the beatles being the sound track of my life for years ...As a twelve year old the Beatles were gods. But ...theres lots of people my age who can't stand Mcartney simply cos without Lennon he's so middle of the road and he's a pompous git.
    I think she actualy brings most of it on herself. She's hard ...comes across as mean and scheming. Remember ...as soon as she appeared on the Mcartney radar ...all sorts of stuff was being uncovered about her gold digging and using men to get where and what she wanted. She is a scheming bitch and he was a soft touch cos he thinks so highly of himself.
    Lennon was a rebelious talent ...ringo was cuddly ...Goerge was depressing and paul was cute to the girls. Lennon got an airport named after him ...Mcartney made a fool of himself.
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh, not this again.

Can this woman not keep her mouth shut for more than five minutes?
  • Options
    Though she has a point about media vilifiaction - look at the pictures the article has of her compared to the picture of Paul
  • Options
    Though she has a point about media vilifiaction - look at the pictures the article has of her compared to the picture of Paul
    Hysterical pictures for a hysterical woman - the pictures work perfectly. Paul just looks like a miserable grumpy old man, like always. If she's being "vilified" by the media, let's have lots more of it, please.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Oh, not this again.

Can this woman not keep her mouth shut for more than five minutes?

I get the feeling that her ranting is used as a major source of geo-thermic energy, her shutting up would be disasterous for the nation.
  • Options
    She has a point though. A very big point.

People think she's a gold-digger because the media portray her as a gold-digging bunny boiler.

You've never met her, you've never met him, and you only know what you see in the papers. And the papers quote the judge liberally when he was slagging her off but don't quote the other 20 paragraphs where he was commending her.

It's the same with the McCanns- everyone felt sorry for them but now everyone thinks they did it. Why? Because the Express and Star spend all day every day telling everyone that they did it. Despite the fact they've just had to hand over a couple of hundred million in libel damages to the McCanns.