Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Heather Mills wins £24.3m divorce settlement

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    :D Old one.
    Just saw Paul McCartney being interviewed on TV. The reporter said the the failure of the marriage and consequent divorce must have been a very painful and stressful experience, and asked Paul whether he would ever go down on one knee again.

McCartney replied 'I'd prefer if you call her Heather'.

sorry...
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Just saw Paul McCartney being interviewed on TV. The reporter said the the failure of the marriage and consequent divorce must have been a very painful and stressful experience, and asked Paul whether he would ever go down on one knee again.

McCartney replied 'I'd prefer if you call her Heather'.

:D
    Considering the stress of the divorce and the amount of wealth he posses i think the amount is fair.
    Rich people and their rich-people-problems don't interest me. Who really gives a shit if she gets £18 million or £22 million. She could whore herself out to the media - again - or write a fourth-rate book about the whole debacle and earn more than i'm ever likely to see in my life. He's a twat and she's a bell-end. Who really gives a fuck.

But think of her daughter. She will no longer be able to afford to fly first class.....apparently - how much is she paying for her tickets ffs.
    But think of her daughter. She will no longer be able to afford to fly first class.....apparently - how much is she paying for her tickets ffs.

Although i'd love to never have to worry about money again, it does seem to to turn people into the pettiest of idiots.
    Why did Macca ever care how much money she got? As if he'd ever be able to spend it anyway.

And I can guarantee in 20 years time we'll be seeing pictures of Beatrice stumbling drunk out of a night club and flying off in a hover car, because it sounds like Heather's idea of parenting is sending her on a plance first class and making sure there is a nanny. WHY the fuck would she even need a nanny anyway, she's fucking unemployed. What is she doing with her free time?
    She the rich wife equivalent of being unemployed: a "charity fundraiser."
    She the rich wife equivalent of being unemployed: a "charity fundraiser."

If she wanted to really make a difference she'd not consider living in London, instead buying a modest detached house in the Midlands for £250,000, paying off the mortgage, leaving enough money in the bank so she could live off the interest, never worry about money again and donate the rest to charity. If she lived in the real world she could easily live off £35-40 grand a year, which is a lot of money, especially without mortgage repayments.

But in reality, she like all the others is a greedy bint who gives token amounts to people and gives herself a slap on the back.
    He got off lightly.

:yes:

Normally it's half of the estate (ish), she only got 1/16th.

I bet he's having a glass of champagne with his legal team right now.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Apparently she's pissed off that Beatrice "only" gets £35,000 a year.....completely disregarding the fact that the average wage in the UK is considerably less, AND she's been given £17 million quid. Surely if little Beatrice needs a new mercedes mum can contribute?

Greedy, rich, robbing bastards.

She even said 'I guess she'll just have to travel B class then'.

Completely out of touch with reality. But we shouldn't get angry, or at least try not to - society will always have people who we love to hate because of whatever reason.

We must find inner peace and focus on the simple joys of life :angel: (I feel quite like Buddha saying that)
    I'd say it's around £24.3million too much, to be honest. Why does this hysterical, gold-digging, attention-seeker deserve anything? She was married to him for 4 years. That's hardly a lifetime commitment, is it? It's effectively £6m for every year of marriage, or £500,000 for every month. Nice work if you can get it, I suppose.

And before anyone asks, I hate Paul McCartney too. What I wouldn't do to see the two of them thrown into a volcano.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    We must find inner peace and focus on the simple joys of life :angel: (I feel quite like Buddha saying that)
    not bongbuddha i hope!
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I'd say it's around £24.3million too much, to be honest. Why does this hysterical, gold-digging, attention-seeker deserve anything? She was married to him for 4 years. That's hardly a lifetime commitment, is it? It's effectively £6m for every year of marriage, or £500,000 for every month. Nice work if you can get it, I suppose.

And before anyone asks, I hate Paul McCartney too. What I wouldn't do to see the two of them thrown into a volcano.

As Kermit has said, it's because when you marry someone legally you are saying you share everything. So technically half of it becomes hers. Don't like it? Pre nuptial agreement.

Although I guess there are gold diggers who are just out for money, a marriage shouldn't be entered lightly like a new business venture or something. It should be a life long commitment.
    As Kermit has said, it's because when you marry someone legally you are saying you share everything. So technically half of it becomes hers.
    So let's follow this up. According to her, Paul McCartney is worth around £800million. Is she honestly saying she deserves £400million for four years worth of marriage? And if so, what planet is she on?
    Heather was a sperm cell in her da's sack when the Beatles were making millions, doesn't deserve nowhere near half.
    As Kermit has said, it's because when you marry someone legally you are saying you share everything. So technically half of it becomes hers. Don't like it? Pre nuptial agreement.
    Is that what the law actually says in this country? I thought divorce settlements had always been judged on a case-by-case basis, taking into account how long the marriage had been and how much of the wealth was created during it, rather than simply splitting everything into two.
    Is that what the law actually says in this country? I thought divorce settlements had always been judged on a case-by-case basis, taking into account how long the marriage had been and how much of the wealth was created during it, rather than simply splitting everything into two.
    That's what just happened mate.
    I know... but Shyboy was suggesting if you marry someone and don't have a prenup everything is 'techinically' half and half. Either it is or it isn't.
    I think, aladdin, that generally that is what any normal person can expect from a divorce in anything but the more unusual cases. Almost definitely not more different than a 45/55 or 40/60 percent difference.
    I know... but Shyboy was suggesting if you marry someone and don't have a prenup everything is 'techinically' half and half. Either it is or it isn't.

wELL THEre was obviouslY no prenup in this caSe so ...maybe down the mIDdle only applies to us plebs. When you've got as much money as mcartney matbe you just tell the judge what you expect of him.

I don't know the details, it is negotiated in court on a case by case basis but I use that as a rule of thumb.
    You could say she's really landed on her foot, though when it comes to the whether the amount was right, in my opinion, she doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    This really annoyed me...
    "Beatrice only gets £35,000 a year - so obviously she's meant to travel B class while her father travels A class, but obviously I will pay for that."

Only? Wtf? That's more than what most kids get spent on them a year. My parents are divorced and my dad is now living a high life with his gf now and we have no money at the end of every month. Only 35K? Dear me.
    thats more than my parents earn between them each year and they have brought up me and my three brothers

why are rich people like this so annoying :mad:

tho might just be her i don't like
    The politics of envy are now in play ;)
    Just saw her on the telly ...she's a hard bitch for sure.
    Well no wonder she didn't want the full judgement published... it doesn't show her in a very good light...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7302736.stm

I have to say, even though I have never before described her as a shameless gold-digger, that is one name that perhaps fits the bill in this case...
    I have to say, even though I have never before described her as a shameless gold-digger, that is one name that perhaps fits the bill in this case...
    Well, she more or less blew any chance whatsoever that she could keep the details secret when she referred to the judge as an idiot outside the court, didn't she? And it's nice to see that, as ever, Heather remains economical with the truth - her testimony was "inconsistent, inaccurate... less than candid". The only odd thing is that the judge finds that a surprise.

As for her not being a gold-digger, she wanted £125million for four years of marriage. If that's not gold-digging material, I don't know what is.
    Can't be bothered to check if it's been done but i just found this in the jokes thread ...

A journalist interviews Sir Paul McCartney:

"So, Sir Paul, do you think that you will ever
    go down on one knee again?"

Sir Paul: "I'd prefer it if you called her Heather".
    I think it's been done
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I think it's been done
    How you fiend ...i've been away for two years and only recently came back?