Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heather Mills wins £24.3m divorce settlement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7300931.stm

All things considered not too bad for Macca I would have thought.

Let the witch-hunt begin :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Still 22.3m too much (she is taking care of their daughter and for the daughters sake it wouldn't be right living in a mansion with her dad and a beat down tree hut whilst with the mom), but oh well...
  • Options
    He got off lightly.
  • Options
    Quote : "it was an incredible result to secure mine and my daughter's future".

Yeah, she has set herself up for life quite nicely ...
  • Options
    Oh wow, this means the entire situation is over with. Thank fuck for that.

Sooo, can she drop off the face of the earth now, please? Or at least go and "live somewhere quietly" - the possibility we were so cruelly teased with in the press a few weeks ago. I think she gives women everywhere a bad name, and she should be ashamed at herself perpetuating the idea of the "gold digger." However, in the interests of equal opportunity criticism I will also say I think he gives old codgers everywhere a bad name - and has well and truly embarrassed himself with the whole sorry mess.

The positive that can be taken from it is that they both surely love their daughter madly and want the best for her. Personal feelings aside I hope they can be civil and give her a really wonderful childhood and upbringing - and that has jack shit to do with having millions in expendable income to maintain an extravagant lifestyle - as far away from paparazzi and smear campaigns as possible.
  • Options
    Am I the only one to think that a divorce is a deeply personal thing and a rather tragic one at that given there is a kid involved?

Why do we want to know about this? What is wrong with us?

Just because the public are interested does not make this in the public interest.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I think she gives women everywhere a bad name
    I really wish that she had a different name actually :grump:
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Still 22.3m too much (she is taking care of their daughter and for the daughters sake it wouldn't be right living in a mansion with her dad and a beat down tree hut whilst with the mom), but oh well...
    I've got to be honest, I think a that having that much money that being able to effectively give that amount away and still being incredibly rich is a bit unfair.

If it were a divorce among a middle-class pair with one daughter I imagine that it'd be a similar (proportionally) settlement, or at least not far away, talking in relative terms.
  • Options
    I think Paul McCartney has got off very lightly with all this. When you marry someone you do it on the basis that what's mine is theirs and what's theirs is mine. When you share a life with someone it is only right that if it all goes wrong you get a fair share of the spoils.

I think the settlement is about right given that Paul McCartney married her long after he'd made his millions, but he is lucky that it was not much much higher. I certainly don't think she should have been given less.

Funny, isn't it, how the women who've posted hate her yet the men think Paul McCartney has escaped lightly.
  • Options
    i hate them both :yes:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Funny, isn't it, how the women who've posted hate her yet the men think Paul McCartney has escaped lightly.

can't stand her myself - but I can't stand him either. They both come over as sanctimonious pricks. Mind you if the rumours about him beating her are true he ought to be in jail, so in that case he comes off lightly
  • Options
    Damn, I was hoping Heather would take him for a lot more.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Am I the only one to think that a divorce is a deeply personal thing and a rather tragic one at that given there is a kid involved?

Just because the public are interested does not make this in the public interest.

True enough. But I'm a rumor-mongering cow who likes to know these things.

I hate both of them. But the whole thing's become a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    Thank fuck it's no longer going to be on the news. This is the biggest non-story bore since cash for honours. Yawn.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Thank fuck it's no longer going to be on the news. This is the biggest non-story bore since cash for honours. Yawn.

Oh come on! The cash for honours thing was great, it gave us a little glimmer of hope that Lord Moneybags would go to jail.
  • Options
    Oh come on! The cash for honours thing was great, it gave us a little glimmer of hope that Lord Moneybags would go to jail.

No way! That story and the whole party donations stories were the biggest bore non-news of the last 12 months. I'd flick over to CNN everytime they came on, or Fox News if I wanted a bit of a laugh!
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    It will go out with a bang though. Brace yourself for one final wave of full-cry hatred on the front pages in the morning.
  • Options
    I hate both of them.

How can you hate someone that you have never met and has had no impact on your life?
  • Options
    You manage it easily enough :p
  • Options
    How can you hate someone that you have never met and has had no impact on your life?

cos i can
  • Options
    You manage it easily enough :p

:lol:

cracker
  • Options

Ronaldo :confused:
  • Options

I agree
  • Options

One has to focus one's futile and overwhelming hate towards society somewhere, doesn't one? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'm going to marry Kieth Richards ...gotta be worth 4 or 5 million when we split up.
  • Options
    Rich people and their rich-people-problems don't interest me. Who really gives a shit if she gets £18 million or £22 million. She could whore herself out to the media - again - or write a fourth-rate book about the whole debacle and earn more than i'm ever likely to see in my life. He's a twat and she's a bell-end. Who really gives a fuck.
  • Options
    She's done well considering she didn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Rich people and their rich-people-problems don't interest me. Who really gives a shit if she gets £18 million or £22 million. She could whore herself out to the media - again - or write a fourth-rate book about the whole debacle and earn more than i'm ever likely to see in my life. He's a twat and she's a bell-end. Who really gives a fuck.

:yes

I think they're both twats. None of my business and really couldn't give a fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    She's done well considering she didn't have a leg to stand on.

:D Old one.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Apparently she's pissed off that Beatrice "only" gets £35,000 a year.....completely disregarding the fact that the average wage in the UK is considerably less, AND she's been given £17 million quid. Surely if little Beatrice needs a new mercedes mum can contribute?

Greedy, rich, robbing bastards.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    :D Old one.
    oh yeah ...i was forgetting about that one.