Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how can i help someone with going cold turkey?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cannabis shouldn't just be legal it should be compulsory.
  • Options
    Cannabis shouldn't just be legal it should be compulsory.

i myself have been a using regular and sometime i wondered if i used too much, anyway, i havent smoked for about 3months, i would very much like too but stopping smoking has not changed me, apart from i wanna get high.

eating it should be compulsory, smokings killer
  • Options
    mariajones wrote: »
    Hi
    This drink is very dangerous to you. I will be try to good advice for you. Well you need to quit but cold turkey can be very dangerous. The best way would be with medical assistance in a controlled environment. Here is something I found. Best Wishes to you.

thank you....

What you on?
  • Options
    Cannabis is not physically addictive, the reason people find it hard to quit is because of the many benefits of it. If someone eats healthily for a long time and is then asked to stop, their health will suffer, and the same goes for Cannabis.

Send me a PM with any of your questions regarding weed and I can answer them and provide you with links to studies so that you don't have to take my word alone, but you should really not be worrying about him smoking. The problem with his smoking is the fact that he is going through £10 of weed a day, which might not be much weed but it is more than necessary. There is no harm in smoking Cannabis, or even smoking a lot of it, but there is no need to smoke all day every day, unless you really have the money to just sit around and do nothing.

Talk to him and suggest buying a cheap pipe, these use less weed than joints and as someone who smokes daily I can make £10 of weed last me 1-2 weeks with my pipe, smoking once a day. This way I can smoke in the evening but it doesn't interfere with any prior commitments in the day.

Sorry for not writing a longer reply or being more detailed, but if you want any more information on the subject, send me a PM. I am happy to help you ease your boyfriend off it but I think you should reconsider your reasons for asking him to stop, as I'm willing to bet that you're doing it due to the negative portrayal of Cannabis in the media lately, which is completely unfounded rubbish, and has been disproved many times.

Edit:
    Plenty of tobacco and possibly some vallium to help get to sleep would be my suggestion. Stopping smoking weed after a long time can be seriously unpleasant, but it's not that big a deal if you can keep yourself occupied as boredom is the main problem.

I disagree completely with this. Valium and tobacco can both be very harmful, and you should definitely not be replacing a herb that causes minor lung damage in the long run (but not cancerous lesions like tobacco) with two far more dangerous substances (even if they are relatively harmless in themselves)

Best wishes, hope you're both well :)

-Matt
  • Options
    Royaltramp wrote: »

Edit:

I disagree completely with this. Valium and tobacco can both be very harmful, and you should definitely not be replacing a herb that causes minor lung damage in the long run (but not cancerous lesions like tobacco) with two far more dangerous substances (even if they are relatively harmless in themselves)

Weed is harmful, to a greater extent than 'minor lung damage'. It's not illegal just for the sake of it.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Weed is harmful, to a greater extent than 'minor lung damage'. It's not illegal just for the sake of it.

The actual phrase that was brought up in the discussions for whether Cannabis should be made illegal, the phrase that pushed the US government to go ahead and make it a criminal offence to smoke, was the following. "The primary reason to outlaw Marijuana is it's effects on the degenerate races."

Around 30% of US and UK citizens smoke Cannabis regularly, and even after the plant's continued use over thousands of years, there has never been a single recorded death in relation to it, as compared to cigarettes, which cause more deaths each year than heroin, crack cocaine, and methamphetamine combined.

It is most definitely not a dangerous or harmful plant in the long run. It made up 50% of all medicine in the late 19th century before it was made illegal and the reasons for making it illegal in the first place were that it "Made a black man look at a white woman" or even commit such a horrible crime as to "Step on a white man's shadow". The government then issued propaganda saying that "Marijuana" (a term used to make Cannabis, the hemp plant that provided paper, textiles, and clothing for so many years prior to being made illegal, seem mysterious and bad) caused murders, violence, and even sudden death - which everyone (even the prohibitionists) will now agree is completely false. At yet another discussion about why it should be illegal the main reason for keeping it this way was because "marijuana smokers" would gather together, and talk. Obviously talking is a disgusting crime, and so they saw this as good reason to lock people up.

There are various other reasons behind Cannabis being illegal. The first and foremost being the timber industry, which saw hemp (Yep, Hemp is Cannabis) as a threat due to the fact that hemp paper did not require expensive treatment and was much more environmentally friendly to produce. They also knew that Cannabis grows far far quicker than trees and so the fibre from it's stems could be harvested quickly. Next up were the pharmaceutical companies, as patents had then came into fashion and companies realised that by patenting a chemical and its extraction process they could make a lot of money - however due to the medicinal effects of Cannabis not being limited to one chemical alone, they could not patent it, and people could just grow it at home, so they feared that this would lose them money as people would have no need for dangerous overpriced pharmaceuticals when they could grow their own natural medicine.

If you would like to list any negative effects to Cannabis use that you feel are an issue, I am more than willing to link you to several studies disproving what you have said, or in the case that I cannot do so I am willing to send £10 to the paypal email of your choice. I have done several years of research into the subject of Cannabis, I have worked with people that have smoked for the majority of their lives, and I have seen the damage caused by prohibition.

I do agree though that Cannabis is more harmful than simple lung damage. Having your house raided and being killed by the DEA is quite harmful, as is spending years in prison for growing a plant.

-Matt