Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weird SLC letter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got back from uni today, I've got a letter, dated febuary 2008, informing me that my provisional entitlement for the year 2006/2007 has changed. All the info on it is wrong though.

It says I'm doing the course I was doing last year.

The amount is much less than I got last year. Saying tuition fees are 1700 instead of 3000.

It's really odd.

My name is also misspelt. I remember when I first registered that they sent me two letters, but I thuoght it got sorted out as they never sent the forms for the second 'person'.

But a year late...? WTF is going on??

I'm scared I'm going to leave uni and have two loads of student loans, out of no fault of my own. There is no Richard Austin, so they cna't attribtue it to me. The ART ID is different. It's ridiculous. I never applied for a loan on that account, so why am I getting a letter over 12 months late?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you phoned the uni?

Something like this happened with my NHS bursery, it all got cocked up. I just phoned them up and explained. It did take a while for it to be all sorted but I'm glad it is now. It's better than ignoring it.
    Well I'm at home for the next 5 weeks, so I'll probably head up to county hall one day and have a rant at them. I think they handle it don't they? Phoning the SLC is ridiculous, it's just so un-easy to use. Password, username, wtf. For a duplicate account I never requested...
    well, unless you've had two sets of loan put into your bank you should be ok i'd think?
    Kat_B wrote: »
    well, unless you've had two sets of loan put into your bank you should be ok i'd think?

We shall see. :chin: I could always feign ignorance, I didn't authorise it, it's all their problem that they've messed up so in no way am I liable.