Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shannon Matthews alive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Woo!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKL1475049620080314

:yippe:

Hope she is ok though ...

Comments

• Options
    yeah, me 2, it seems a bit inconclusive though doesnt it? it doesnt say theyve def found her...
  • Options
  • Options
    Excellent news:)
  • Options
    Was it her dad who had her?
  • Options
    Great news. :)
  • Options
    Thats just such fantastic news :D

I cant imagine what her family were goign through. I hope she hasnt suffered
  • Options
    Cheered me up hearing that :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Dinted wrote: »
    Was it her dad who had her?
    No, he lives about 11 miles from where she was found.

Glad shes been found - lets hope no permanant harm has been done.
  • Options
    that is brilliant news, hope she is ok .
  • Options
    This is excellent news, its so rare that a little girl who has been taken ever comes back so its really nice to hear that she has been found alive and (hopefully) well
  • Options
    it's such good news, i really hope she is alright
  • Options
    I thought the step dad looked young, didnt realise he was my age, like 22! makes that girls mother look dead old
  • Options
    They arrested the step-dad's uncle, I really, really hope he resisted arrest and has got the bruised bollocks to show for it.

As for Shannon, I doubt she will be ok, they've put her into temporary care, no doubt the experience has fucked her up. The fact they found her in a draw under a bed shows how much she was looked after.
  • Options
    I think the temporary care is just in case the father, stepfather or mother DID have something to do with it. It certainly doesn't sound like they did.

I hope she's OK and I hope they don't rush her into therapy, as that can often make PTSD worse if you start it too soon.

It does prove one thing, though. For all the fear of abduction, more often than not you know your rapist and you know your killer.
  • Options
    I'm so glad she's been found, I burst into tears when I read it :blush:

I shudder to think what may have been in the weeks she was missing, but I won't speculate right now. This is wonderful news, her mother must be somewhere over the moon.
  • Options
    I do wonder though, she was found in the base of a bed when the police came but was she always kept there or just bungled there whenever the fella seen the police arrive? I dread to think that's where he kept her.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    It is wonderful news, I was so pleased when I was told yesterday :D

I hope she is able to eventually one day put this behind her, as she is now probably that little bit too old to be able to forget it. Poor little mite!
  • Options
    Poor thing. Poor, poor thing. Glad she's been found, but she'll be scarred for life.
  • Options
    Well what a massive relief when I heard the news on Friday afternoon, this is basically on my doorstep and the not knowing where she had gone was quite worrying especially with knowing youngsters in the area aswell and knowing if they were safe.

My mates house got searched last week as part of the routine and when they go that far searching houses of people without a criminal record and with no connection to the family, you know the police are thinking the worse.