Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Opium

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's your opinions on smoking Opium? I smoked a shit load of the stuff out in Laos and now I'm getting a load of slack from my mates because it's what they make Heroin from.

Well don't get me wrong, I fucking loved the stuff...would much rather hit the Opium pipe than smoke a joint, but if that's what Heroin is like, then it's very overrated. Although I understand that obviously Heroin is alot stronger.

It's also the only drug that has ever made me throw up...and I'm rarely even sick from alcohol. I drank some very strong Opium tea, smoked some opium joints and hit the pipe for a few hours, whilst eating a big bowl of fried rice. Back at the hostel, I threw up all that rice...about three times. lol

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heroine makes you throw up more - well the first couple of times.

I think its one of those things that its fairly easy to get addicted to and should be something which you reserve for special occassions. Luckily for you its not so easy to get hold of in the UK - but its definately not something to do on a regular basis.

I've only done it once though and then it was mixed in with spliff.............

I can see why your friends would be worried about it though - but its only probably because they care.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    What's your opinions on smoking Opium? I smoked a shit load of the stuff out in Laos and now I'm getting a load of slack from my mates because it's what they make Heroin from.

Well don't get me wrong, I fucking loved the stuff...would much rather hit the Opium pipe than smoke a joint, but if that's what Heroin is like, then it's very overrated. Although I understand that obviously Heroin is alot stronger.

It's also the only drug that has ever made me throw up...and I'm rarely even sick from alcohol. I drank some very strong Opium tea, smoked some opium joints and hit the pipe for a few hours, whilst eating a big bowl of fried rice. Back at the hostel, I threw up all that rice...about three times. lol
    Heroin is a lot stronger on the physica physicalbside. and a lot more addictive. and stops doing anything at all except feeding your addiction and making you feel ...'normal' ...so you can have some semblance of normal ...enough for you to just get by with the rrest of the human race al ong time before opium would get you in that condition.
    Opium is much pleasenter ...much more entertaing takes longer to get a ...'physical' ...addiction to but as with all addictions ...your never realy addicted till you admit it. The fact that your life has become totaly chaotic ...for some reason totaly escapes your attention. It can't possibly be the heroin or opium cos they are so pleasant ...it must just be that lifes tough ...and it can go on like that until you have discarded your family and friends like fag butts.
    BUT...opium is a wonderful experience ...if you takeit with nothing else whatsoever and take it lying down ...ready to enter and leave the world of sleep ...in and out ...in and out. A few seconds to an observer have gone by but ...the poppy has just let you experience the rise and fall of an empire ...an exotic empire ...inhabited by fantastoical beings and creatures and you.
    An X box will never seem the same again if you take any ...and theres the rub.