Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Diary update from our student diarist Lily

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi all,

Lily has just updated us on how she's getting on in her second year and why she loves York so much...

My love for York
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    great place!
  • Options
    Heather is also amazed at how quickly her York uni days have passed and is a bit surprised to be finishing her penultimate term this week.

That girl LIES about the chocolate though - you never smell the chocolate, only the horrible stench of them cooking the sugar beet (or whatever it is you do to sugar beet) which smells like a mixture of yeast, goose poo and bad peanut butter :yuck:
  • Options
    The cadbury's factor smells like burnt chocolate, if that's what she means. I think it's cadburys.

And I think I might be in nouse this week.

And I've never had anyone ask for my number in any of the club Ds :grump: (and I've been to all but 2 so far)
  • Options
    It's the Nestle factory in York. and it stinks.

Never been to Club D, I'm not really in to campus events or anything remotely campussy. I'm a crap student.

BTW did oyu know that Goodricke is going to be demolished?
  • Options
    What, all of it?!

That's where all my societies stuff happens. :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    York wins. :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Oh, and since when has there been a chocolate factory in York? Did I just completely miss that when I practically spent 1 year and a 1/2 there?????? :eek:
    Yes.

Nestle factory.
  • Options
    Yeah, Club D is in Derwent.

Shyboy. Goodricke college is the first one to move over to Hes East and so it will be demolished in the next couple of years or so to be replaced with some teaching buildings, probably a bit like AEW and ATB.