Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bank Card Type . . . kinda

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Visa Electron cards are only meant to be used at POS in stores, trust me - i used to work for a bank. (This doesn't mean that online shops won't accept them though).

*Some* companies may accept them online, but unlike Visa debit cards and Maestro and credit cards, they are not guaranteed to be accepted- it is down to the company, as they have to pay a fee for this payment being processed. If the card is used online, then the bank concerned can decide if they want that they don't wish to authorise the payment, which they can legally do as you are not meeting the terms of use for the card. Like i said though, some companies accept them, so you might be alright

According to Visa: Visa Electron
    Visa Electron card A card that requires all transactions to be electronically authorized – at both point-of-sale and Automated Teller Machine (ATM), or cashpoint.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Now it's sorted thought I would just say what's what in case anyone ever wanted a conclusive result to the thread!

Got my new card, and so far it's worked on paypal/ebay for me as well as republic online. So should be alright in most places. :)