Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

what is your job?

2»

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    mainly counting socks

Sounds fun.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    Sounds fun.

your just too funny
    tbh I only count the stripy ones so it's quite a good job.

Do you know we are only supposed to wear plain black ankle socks for work? Ha, I wear colourful ones on purpose.

Do you know we are only supposed to wear plain black ankle socks for work? Ha, I wear colourful ones on purpose.
    RULE BREAKING REBEL!

You should make sure your pants are too small for you too so the colourful ones are seeable too. Then put ya feet up on the desk and go ahhh this socks are comfy.

:yes: I am bored
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Being a lazyarse at the minute but give me 3-4 months and it will be level 3 childcare - hopefully in a state/government run nursery! But we shall see!

I finished college last year doing this, loved it! Fell pregnant just before I finished, but hoping to get into a state nursery/T.A next year. They are changing the Birth to three matters and foundation stage aint they?
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    I finished college last year doing this, loved it! Fell pregnant just before I finished, but hoping to get into a state nursery/T.A next year. They are changing the Birth to three matters and foundation stage aint they?

Yes, they are combining the two into the urm I cant remember the name - I've got a copy of it here

"The Early Years Foundation Stage"

'tis very good really - set out the same as the Foundation stage but obviously, starts from birth through to reception class - with the early learning goals and the stepping stones - much more consise and easier to use than the Birth to Three IMO.

I don't really want to work in any private nurseries - heard too many things about the ones round here. Have found with being in placements it gets your name well known if your good so I'm going to try going back to the state nursery, school and children's centre when I qualify to smile sweetly!! We'll see though.
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I'm wearing black and pink stripy ones at the moment

Sounds hot.
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Yes, they are combining the two into the urm I cant remember the name - I've got a copy of it here

"The Early Years Foundation Stage"

'tis very good really - set out the same as the Foundation stage but obviously, starts from birth through to reception class - with the early learning goals and the stepping stones - much more consise and easier to use than the Birth to Three IMO.

I don't really want to work in any private nurseries - heard too many things about the ones round here. Have found with being in placements it gets your name well known if your good so I'm going to try going back to the state nursery, school and children's centre when I qualify to smile sweetly!! We'll see though.

I worked in a private nursery when I finished my level 2 and it wasnt bad, but I coudnt work there, all the kids were so upset every morning when their parents droped them off:( and you get paid peanuts for very long hours.

Everytime I left a placement I got a reference, the last one I left it was foundation stage (nursery and reception class together) and the co-ordinator of the foundation stage said she would give me a reference, so might be going back to her when I've finished my maternity leave!:D

I even thought about doing child minding, so I can stay at home with me little one, but dont like the idea of the mess etc!!

When did you do your exam? We did ours in Jan, and we all passed (only 8 in our class tho!) it was so good cos we knew we passed our exam before we left.
    From tomorrow morning, I'm an arcade worker once more.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    From tomorrow morning, I'm an arcade worker once more.
    Hurrah :D
    Currently a student nurse.

I hate it :crying:

I also work on the bank as a care assistant.
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Currently a student nurse.

I hate it :crying:

I also work on the bank as a care assistant.

Why do you hate it? What year are you?

If you hate it maybe you shouldn't be doing it hun! x
    I'm a journalist and a copy editor (an Americanised version of sub-editor) at a new magazine, cloakroom attendant, PR guru (ok... I flyer for a club) and bar staff.

And I'm a university student (doing journalism).
    aleox wrote: »
    Why do you hate it? What year are you?

If you hate it maybe you shouldn't be doing it hun! x

I'm in my third year and I'm not quitting!!

I might as well finish the course off.

I hate it because it's just not me and not what I want to do. I want to work in health just not as a nurse.

I only did it beacause I couldn't think of anything else to do...and I like Casualty :lol:
    hospital pharmacy tech
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    I worked in a private nursery when I finished my level 2 and it wasnt bad, but I coudnt work there, all the kids were so upset every morning when their parents droped them off:( and you get paid peanuts for very long hours.

Everytime I left a placement I got a reference, the last one I left it was foundation stage (nursery and reception class together) and the co-ordinator of the foundation stage said she would give me a reference, so might be going back to her when I've finished my maternity leave!:D

I even thought about doing child minding, so I can stay at home with me little one, but dont like the idea of the mess etc!!

When did you do your exam? We did ours in Jan, and we all passed (only 8 in our class tho!) it was so good cos we knew we passed our exam before we left.

Thats how I started out in childcare. I became a childminder when my daughter was a year old. It worked for about 4 years when she said she didn't want to share her house anymore ( I understood where she was coming from as she had to share most of her toys etc). I then went to work for our local preschool and have been there since. I finish my Foundation degree in june and then plan to do the honours top up. I eventually want to become a Early Years Primary teacher. Did you see Panorama last week on Childcare. Made me realise how awful some Nurseries are....quite scary really!