Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Using Yellow Paper For Work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Because of the problems I have with my eyes, it's easier for me to use black text on yellow paper. (white is readable, but yellow is much better) Does anyone know if there are any college/uni rules on doing this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I would have to check with your tutor, would be difficult if it was going to be externally marked.

You would have to check with them I imagine to see if arrangements can be made.
  • Options
    if you're talking about essays, could you not print a copy off on yellow paper for you to read and then when you're happy print it on white paper to give in?
  • Options
    I'd go to the disability unit at your uni/college
  • Options
    You can get yellow paper through the Disabled Students system, so it's not completely out of the question. I would have thought you'd have to arrange it first though. Are you at college at the moment? If so go and talk to your tutor as a starting point, or whoever deals with special needs.

If you are looking into it for the future then get in touch with the disabled students bit, they deal with everything from specific learning difficulties (eg dyslexia to physically handicapped) and would either know the answers or be the one to sort it out.
  • Options
    in word you can easy changes the background colour to yellow, and before you print just dont forgett to switch it off.

I think this should be okey...

Artem
  • Options
    what i have been told for me is that pink paper (which is the colour i need), is fine if its being marked internaly, but i'll need to give in a white copy as well just incase it need to be externaly marked. do you have irlen's syndrome?

some unis have other rules though, my friend isn't allowed to use coloured paper at all