Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Residential parking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does the council have to provide you with parking for your house? I'm renting a house and there is nowhere to park the car on the street as its short stay only, even though nearly all the time the space outside my house is free. otherwise I have to park ages away down the street and sometimes 2 or 3 streets away. They say nothing can be done. Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Options
    They normally provide residents permits in most areas. Might be worth asking your neighbours what they do.
  • Options
    theres no legal right to be able to park outside your house as far as i know, for example if you live in a city/town centre there may not always be parking available.
  • Options
    I'm not entitled to apply for a permit apparently. I haven't got many neighbours as most of the houses on this street have been turned into shops, hence the one hour parking limit. There isn't permit parking around here, there is just NO parking, unless I can bag myself a spot in front of someone elses house a few streets away. Its gay :(
  • Options
    theres no legal right to be able to park outside your house as far as i know, for example if you live in a city/town centre there may not always be parking available.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    No legal right to park in front of your home.

If there isn't a residents parking permit scheme then you're just going to have to leave the car elsewhere.

Don't see why you need a car in a city centre mind.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

Do get to places outside the city centre?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    No legal right to park in front of your home.

If there isn't a residents parking permit scheme then you're just going to have to leave the car elsewhere.

I don't live in a city centre. But thanks for your help anyway