Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

where can i buy good quality undies that won't hurt!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i can never seem to find a bra that is both supportive and comfy. all my bras are painful at the end of the day, and i'm pretty sure i'm wearing the right size as i only got measured before xmas (but then i still get a silly assortment of sizes). i'm currently meant to be a 34 DD or 36 D but the cups are nearly always to small!

and i want to find something that looks good as well and doesn't cost £150 for a set! i love agent provocator but there is no way i could afford anything outside of the sale.

help!

Comments

• Options
    I'm a 34DD and my bras come from either Debenhams, Marks and Spencer, or Tesco. The Debenhams ones are the most comfortable and the bras cost from £15.
  • Options
    i haven't been to debenhams cos i though they would be expencive.

my marks and sparks ones tend to hurt after a while as well, but thats only if i buy the body form ones, they're fancy ones are a nice comfy fit, but expencive.

do they have really nice sexy ones at debenhams as well that arent really expencive?
  • Options
    It's a while since I went there but you can get an idea by looking here:
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_18663_-1

I don't know if they all go up to DD, but they do have a good selection of sizes in store.
  • Options
    The Debenhams underwear section is like heaven for me.

Some of their stuff is gorgeous :yes:.
  • Options
    i've just been through all of 24 pages and nothing i liked was either in my size or in stock. :(

i'm not doing well....
  • Options
    Websites are rubbish. Especially the debenhams website :|. Go into the store! You don't have to pay delivery then either :p.
  • Options
    My comfy-est (?) bras are from 6ixty 8ight. I think I got them from ASOS.com but they have them on figleaves too.
  • Options
    Go into the shop.

I've found a style from La Senza that's both supportive and comfortable, bit of an art to buying them online as you have to look very closely to avoid getting the rubbish ones.

That said, just looked and it appears to have got a whole lot easier. Tis this lot, the give away is the cross over bit at the front. The three way bit even works so you can have cross over back straps too, stops them sliding down your shoulders!

They've got nice light cups which are made of a slightly padded material (enough to smooth over nipples rather than padding as such). Anyhows, I'm a big fan, worth trying on though if you can, cup sizes come up more like other places (ie may want a size down from other La Senza stuff).
  • Options
    if they hurt, theyre probably the wrong size, even if youve been measured.
    Id try on the various sizes around the one you think you are, or get a second opinion.

Id suggest M&S and debenhams
  • Options
    I would suggest Bravissimo, they're really good. In London there's one just off Oxford Street and the staff are really helpful. They have some nice clothes, too.
  • Options
    Yeah first of all id reccomend you get measured, ive been wearing a 36C for ages, got measured and found out im a 34D, what I would say is that I tend to fit into the more expensive 34Ds, but cheaper shops or shops that are not specifically underwear shops will tend not to fit me in the right size.
    I basically buy my underwear from ann summers and la senza. Perhaps you should look at what type of bra your wearing as well thats making it uncomfortable, maybe you need wider strapped bras or perhaps ones with a bit of lift so its not dragging you down!
  • Options
    M&S do the best quality and decently priced bras in sizes like that, in my experience.

I love Freya bras (available from Debenhams) as they fit really well and are great quality... they're very expensive though so I only tend to buy them in the sales!

I find La Senza's not to fit that well in the larger sizes.
  • Options
    all my la senza ones hurt me badly! the wires dig into my armpit like something rotten!
  • Options
    I've never liked La Senza. Never understood the hype tbh. Their bras have never fitted me.

I'm a huuge debenhams fan for bras. They do really lovely designer ones.
  • Options
    all my la senza ones hurt me badly! the wires dig into my armpit like something rotten!

Yeah, the linky ones are very different to all the rest, which are fundamentally rubbish and should be renamed slow torture instruments.

Other than that I don't know, M&S always slide off my shoulders, as do most tbh hence my fondess for cross backs.
  • Options
    mine are from debenhams own range and they are SOOO comfy :)
  • Options
    I have a triumph bra, had it fitted this afternoon in the local deparment store, and it is unbelieveably comfy, and just a simple tshirt bra, not fuddy duddy or anything. It was only £20, reduced from £28 in the sale. I'm a 32D.