Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Police comment on 'epidemic' of teenage binge drinking

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes.

Attitude towards the whole culture is the key.

And i can't see that happening for a long time.
  • Options
    parents school society as a whole why is it this was never a problem what changed why don't people have other interests ? all the interest in life young people seem to have today is go out and inevitably drink.

I honestly think that the majority of chidren these days are overloaded with extra cirricullar activities - most do at least one an evening and then a couple of hours homework on top of that!

Its just a few kids who give everyone else a bad name.

I did however hear the Chief Exec of weatherspoons on teh radio this morning saying that part of the problem is that most adults / parents used to do the same thing when they were a teenager - getting drunk, going to the pub etc so don't see that its necessarilly a bad thing. In fact many of the more responsible parents will drop thier 16 year old off at the pub and pick them up afterwards on a friday night to make sure they get there safely.....

Mind you by the time i could legally drink most of my friends had so gotten over the whole going out and getting drunk thing and were far more likely to go to the pub and have a diet coke - chain smoke and then drive home again... (and then get cained)
  • Options
    The town centres are full of drunken idiots every weekend and they aint kids.
  • Options
    That article is a load of fucking bollocks, as is just about any mainstream coverage of the issue.

Nothing to do with marketing, nothing to do with price.