Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pissed Blood!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday morning my worst nightmare came true...I urinated blood.

The doctor is unavaliable this week and now when I pee I have a slight sting...

Ive never had sex nor any foreplay before...so its certainly no STI.

Im pretty shook up by it still.

What could this be?

Comments

• Options
    You need the doctor, it could be any number of things.

What do you mean "the doctor is unavailable this week?" What country are you in?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You need to get an emergency doctors appointment, the doctor will usually be prepared to make allowances to see you considering you have a serious probelem such as urinating blood.
  • Options
    England. But its like this...(my mistake...)

Theres no other doctors to take my appointment. I can make an emergancy appointment (has to be booked arond 8am to 9am) but I have to go to kent tommorow (I live in essex) because I still have to have my orthodontist appointments there (until I can get my records and stuff moved up here) so I have to go because if I cancel it it will take another 6 weeks to have an appointment.

Then on wednesday I have my science final exams in the morning.

So I have to book an emergancy appointment on Thursday.
  • Options
    Oh dear.

(I thought you must be in a country without the NHS from your first post!)

Maybe there is a walk-in centre you could use?

You could ring NHS Direct, they might be able to give you some advice - 0845 46 47, it's there 24 hours a day.

When I've had similar symtoms it was an infection which needed anti-biotics. It took me a while to get it diagonosed though and during the time without the anti-biotics I got worse although it went pretty quickly once I started taking them.

I'd try to get it sorted sooner rather than later as if you are unwell it could make your exam go badly although I do understand your situation with the other appointment, it must be very annoying for you.
  • Options
    ^^ I'd go with Randomgirl's advice. Phone NHS direct and they can advise you what to do - I also think they have a list of local walk in centres in your area. You really should get this checked out sooner rather than later
  • Options
    Is there no out of hours service? Oh right... doctors don't do that anymore.

And this can be very serious, try NHS direct but if you cant get to a doctors I would just bite the bullet and go to a hospital, they deal with plenty of patients every day with much less serious complaints (my mate went for a spraint wrist!).
  • Options
    go see a doctor asap, but don't be too alarmed. It is very possible that it's just like the equivalent of a nosebleed. Some small artery rupture in your sack or something (had something similar).

It's a good chance to be harmless, which should not let you procrastinate to go see a penis-doc.
  • Options
    I had blood in my piss once, and it really hurt to piss. Just a bladder infection. Went to A&E at the local hospital, was diagnosed and off with a prescription for antibiotics in a couple of hours. Worked a treat. Just do that.