Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

greying whites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you get bras white again after they start to get a bit crap looking?

i have tried bleach and underwear whitener but its crap.

Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    If you wash with it regularly? That may help. My parents never used bleach and the bottoms of my socks were always dingy. The man uses bleach with every load of whites and it took a couple months (granted I never do the laundry so who knows how long it really took) but they are bright and pretty, and the new ones keep that way.
  • Options
    That Oxyclean stuff in the pink bottle is good. Let your whites soak in that for a while and it comes up lovely. Now, where DID I put my bra? :p
  • Options
    Happens to me too... must try bleaching with every wash. Generally, I just keep aside some good white undies which I don't use/wash often so that they last.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    to be honest, for the price that you can get bras for now, it may be best chucking the old ones and getting some new ones which you can ensure you just wash with whites.

I have had many a grey bra in my time, and tried different variations of bleach and they didnt do a great job.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    to be honest, for the price that you can get bras for now, it may be best chucking the old ones and getting some new ones which you can ensure you just wash with whites.

I have had many a grey bra in my time, and tried different variations of bleach and they didnt do a great job.

Can you buy me some bras? I just bought a couple at half price and they still cost a fortune :( Bra's are more expensive than most other clothing :crying: Not that that is helpful at all, I'm just really whiny today ;)
  • Options
    Put them on the line when it's going to be frosty the next morning.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Can you buy me some bras? I just bought a couple at half price and they still cost a fortune :( Bra's are more expensive than most other clothing :crying: Not that that is helpful at all, I'm just really whiny today ;)

PM me your size and I will send you one - I owe you a pressie after all! :)