Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex in University Halls!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and the bf are both at university and we met each other there, think weve been together now for about 4 months!! Anyway....we both live in halls which is all good apart from....usually we both leave our doors open all the time...and so does everyone else in our flats. What I really hate is the fact that everyone blatently knows when we are having sex becasue we (obviously) haev to shut the door!! It makes me like tense up etc etc...one weekend everyone in his flat was away and it was so much better!! I dont know how I can make myself relax!! I hate the thought of people knowing we are doing it!! (not the mosst conifdent person at the best fo times)....

oooo I suppose I cant really do anything about it!!

I also panic that everytone can hear everything....which they probably can...and then its like a walk of shame when I leave!! I hate it!!

Comments

• Options
    try shutting your door at other times, then you don't have to worry that shutting your door is a signal to everyone else that you're doing it. Also, relax a little, it's natural to want to keep your sexualings private, but remember that most people aren't that interested, or if they are it's coz they're aroused and/or jealous by it.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If they know you are couple they are probably gonna presume you have sex or private moments at some point- they aren't likely to be overly bothered by it.
  • Options
    I somehow doubt you'll be the only person in a halls of residence who has sex. Everyone knows that people do it, but few want to know any more than that.
  • Options
    Everyone knows that what you're doing is natural. Don't worry about it. Oh and if they're "talking" about you two, then fuck them, do you honestly care what they think?
  • Options
    Keep the door ajar at other times surely?

Flatmates can be immature when it comes to this sort of things, one guy in my flat in halls had a long term girlfriend and they were shagging constantly but nobody else really joked about it.

We didn't even have locks on our doors, pulled a girl in Freshers week, giving her some sweet Bri-namite lovin' in my bedroom - then the door burst open and we got the bucket of water treatment from my flatmates :(
  • Options
    keep the doors open.

Bri-namite wrote: »
    sweet Bri-namite lovin' in my bedroom

:lol: golden..
  • Options
    double trouble
  • Options
    Keep the door open and let them all watch!
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    We didn't even have locks on our doors, pulled a girl in Freshers week, giving her some sweet Bri-namite lovin' in my bedroom - then the door burst open and we got the bucket of water treatment from my flatmates :(

:lol:

I'm sure she loved you for it :D
  • Options
    all halls are totally not designed for gettin it on. the walls were so thin at my place last year that i could hear my mate next door every time he was on the job.....hell, the girl down the hall 3 doors away could be heard but she did sound like a walrus in heat anyway so thats not much of an example.

the only advice i can offer is, so what if people can hear you? i mean, as long as your not surrounded by some genuinely unpleasant people, no one is going to say anything bad about you just for having sex. theyre probably just jealous theyre not gettin any themselves.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    keep the doors open.

:lol: golden..

:yes:

:p

But yea it happens nobody really cares :). I think it's much more gossip-worthy when its two of your flatmates who got drunk and 'accidentally' slept together :p the awkwardness the day after is priceless, lmao.
  • Options
    You should really be worried about the number of people who shag in the showers in halls.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    You should really be worried about the number of people who shag in the showers in halls.
    Well, let me put it this way. When I was in halls back in Manchester last year, I was the only person in the flat when a maintenance man called over. Said he'd reeceived a report of a blockage in our shower, stopping the water from leaving. When he showed me what was actually causing the blockage, there was a substance (amidst all the hair) which didn't look like shampoo to me. :yuck:
  • Options
    Lifes to short enjoy yourself
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Well, let me put it this way. When I was in halls back in Manchester last year, I was the only person in the flat when a maintenance man called over. Said he'd reeceived a report of a blockage in our shower, stopping the water from leaving. When he showed me what was actually causing the blockage, there was a substance (amidst all the hair) which didn't look like shampoo to me. :yuck:

Conditioner? :lol:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    That doesn't block the drain, trust me :p.
  • Options
    Well the hair might, just the sticky stuff was in stargalaxys case an unfortunate by product
  • Options
    put loud music on and a sign on the door saying 'fuck off we are having sex'

that should work
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Well the hair might, just the sticky stuff was in stargalaxy's case an unfortunate by product
    What do you mean, "in Stargalaxy's case"? That by-product certainly wasn't my own! :p
  • Options
    I never got to have sex in halls, my room-mate wasn't having any of it...