Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

IT's a nightmare

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wish i'd never walked into this job, the management is terrible. Im in a small buisness about to expand.

Today i was demoted, the boss just dropped my salary by 4 grand a year like that... which i've just checked is below the national minimum wage hence illegal..

He did it there and then, I dont have a contract and have worked since last July.

I dont even know where to start, its a complete shambles. And I know im not that bad, the pressure is insane and i come home night after night in stress and just hating management.

As the move is happening i have two bosses at the shop i was moved up to another shop and got on with one of the bosses, but now the other boss is working up here as well atm becuase of the move.

My car is in for an MOT this week and i have had to get a lift to work with a good colleague. Who went off today in Boss's car to an onsite today and then the boss left him, and he was stranded way past working hours. And me also, it was then that i was told im being dropped in salary.

Im now a trainee?.... I really dont know where to start becuase... i need a new job...

But I have to stay till i find one, funny thing was im in touch with someone for a new job about 4 weeks ago. But its up in the air :s

Any thoughts people? I've barely scratched the surface and am not sure that i've even got across what i was trying to say, becuase im not sure what i was wanting to say :s its that bad...

Sound unfair to anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Very unfair. They've clearly shown that you don't mean anything to them, so I'd get out of that firm as quick as you could if I were you.
  • Options
    i was pretty sure that if they changed your position/lower your wages the position that you had was no longer available, i.e. they cant get someone else to do it...

not sure if thats true tho, i'll have a scout about.
  • Options
    I suggest finding another job. If they have got away with treating you like a doormat and you do nothing then things will carry on that way.