Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Prince Harry vs. the Taliban

Apparently 'Arry has been shooting ragheads for the best part of 10 weeks now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7269743.stm

Well if nothing else the lad's bound to score some very decent smack down there :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well they kept that quiet. What the fuck are they opening their big gobs now for?
  • Options
    Well they kept that quiet. What the fuck are they opening their big gobs now for?

An American website started reporting it, so the MOD had no choice.

I'm just surprised they managed to keep it quiet for 10 weeks.
  • Options
    I wondered why we hadn't seen Prince Harry in the last few weeks, stumbling out of expensive London nightclubs whilst pissed on £1000 a bottle champagne.
  • Options
    An American website started reporting it, so the MOD had no choice.

It would have to be...lack of subtlety and judgement putting British forces at risk? Perish the thought.
  • Options
    It would have to be...lack of subtlety and judgement putting British forces at risk? Perish the thought.
    If it was American forces which were being put at risk, the US government would have already threatened legal action against the website and an immediate news blackout would have been imposed. But as this is the UK, it'll be splashed across the front page of just about every newspaper tomorrow morning.
  • Options

Suspect it was more to warn US forces of a big new target for their blue-on-blue ... ;)
  • Options
    Good lad...
  • Options
    Its a SETUP ...THEY WANT HIM DEAD ...HE IS starting to look to much like his real father.
  • Options
    HE IS starting to look to much like his real father.

No way! He's hot! :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7269841.stm
  • Options
    You have to admit he's looking more like his REAL dad everyday and i don't mean old jug ears.
  • Options
    Surely the point of having a royal family is to bread them as cannon fodder.

TBH though loads of respect to him for being willing to die for his country and being actually on the front line (as i guess he is) rather than having a cushy back room job... (mind you that could have been more of a libility)

Andrew flew helicopters during the fauklands war - part of which involved being a decoy for missiles - tryign to stop them hitting boats etc and killing loads of other people - which is also commands a certain ammount of respect.
  • Options

Back off, Dis! I saw him first! :p
    You have to admit he's looking more like his REAL dad everyday and i don't mean old jug ears.

If you mean his 'real dad is a certain army major, that theory has long been debunked. Diana did not even meet Hewitt until 1986, when Harry was already two years old.

Personally, apart from perhaps the hair colouring. I don't think he looks anything like the major.
  • Options
    This is almost crying for a caption competition...

_44458429_harry416donkey.jpg
  • Options
    I thought he wasn't allowed to go because he was too much of a target and therefore putting the others around him in more danger?
  • Options
    That was the case ballerina, but the average schmoe in Afghanistan probably woulnd't make a distinction. I wouldn't know an average saudi vs. the saudi prince, I bet it's the same. But if the media (as the druge report has now) goes on about it, there may be a terrorist cell working in afghanistan that specifically plans to abduct him with knowledge of his whereabouts, his identity, his squadron - everything.

Can you imagine the scene if the third in line to the thrown was on one of those beheading videos. There would be an uproar, I imagine revenge attacks to anyone who looks a bit foreign and so on. The implications to his squad are relatively minor - they're all in a combat zone and expect to be fighting, and to potentially give their lives.
  • Options
    Afghan child: "Allah akhbar, thats the biggest blunt I've ever seen - he has to carry it in two hands!"

Harry to donkey: "What ho, are you one of these Taliban chaps I've been sent here to avoid?"
  • Options
    Harry : "Camilla?"
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I thought he wasn't allowed to go because he was too much of a target and therefore putting the others around him in more danger?

That was only when everyone knew he was going to be posted out there, with no mass news coverage i doubt that he'd be easy to pick out at all, until now anyway.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    This is almost crying for a caption competition...

_44458429_harry416donkey.jpg

Harry: Nice Ass

Boy: That's what they said in Kandahar
  • Options
    The daily star headline today is "When Harry met Tali" :lol:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    :lol::D
  • Options
    Harry's a bit thick. Just watched bbc 10 o'clock news, he said "I just generally don't like England that much" as a reason for not wanting to come back.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Harry's a bit thick. Just watched bbc 10 o'clock news, he said "I just generally don't like England that much" as a reason for not wanting to come back.
    I hope the reporter told him to fuck off back to Germany, then. And this is coming from a monarchist!
  • Options

He's quite fit on picture number 2, and generally way better looking than his brother.

Stargalaxy, did you see it? I didn't, but can imagine he meant it in the sense of where he was doing his army duties. Which is why he is thick, cause phrasing it like that makes people like you react as you did.
  • Options
    Don't any of you have any sympathy for him though? He didn't choose a life of being a prince, but it's his duty, his responsibility, everything in his world - his family and his friends - all weigh heavy expectations on him from an early age.

Why should him feelin disparate with the UK as many of us do be such a crime? He's just human at the end of the day. I'd rather buy him a beer for at least being honest. I don't hear him telling anyone to fuck off back to their native (or rather, their grandparents native) countries.
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2008/feb/29/prince.harry.afghanistan

He seems to be wearing a US military cap, the video shows it saying "We do bad things to bad people" on the back - is that not very poor taste?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

You don;t think that could be because whenever he goes for a drink the media throw up their arms in mock horror? I'd be pretty pissed off as well
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I hope the reporter told him to fuck off back to Germany, then. And this is coming from a monarchist!

Why? he's not German (part Greek perhaps)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2008/feb/29/prince.harry.afghanistan

He seems to be wearing a US military cap, the video shows it saying "We do bad things to bad people" on the back - is that not very poor taste?

:lol:

Accurate rather than poor taste I'd have said