Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Grease

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hmm, I was watching Grease the other day (my cousin was doing it as a school play), and I remembered something that's always bothered me about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the moral of this story not that if you want to be accepted, you have to change to fit in with everyone else? Is Sandy not basically required to turn into a slut to get her man back, when all the way through the story, he's essentially a bit of a twat? Probably more realistic in truth, but it's supposed to be a nice musical for teenagers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Exactly my problem with the musical. I still watch it sometimes and I've got the music cos the songs are good, but the storyline sucks. It annoys me everytime.

Hairspray's better because the songs are great, etc AND there's a good storyline.
    well yeah, the storylines crap, but i still :heart: it

we go together like ramadamadamabedingbedingbedong :D
    Well I think he changes a little bit and she changes, too. He does show up in that daft sports team jacket at the end after having joined the "track" team or somesuchcrap. I love the coach! It's a stupid ending but... it's too good of a film to care.

Grease is the best! I love Rizzo :D
    maybe the moral is compromise can help to give a better future? or something like that.

its very entertaining and hardly corrupting children.